cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress on-call starting/ending Alert

caleb_gosnell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 6, 2022

My team Is wearied by the periodic notification of on-call status. This alert comes in on fire like a system outage, but is not valuable except for standing people's hair on end.

Is there a way to avoid receiving an alert with "Your on-call rotation for <schedule_name> is starting now"?

FWIW, this is primarily a problem with the Mobile app, but if we have to lose the email too that's totally fine.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2022

Hi @caleb_gosnell ,

Each user can control the methods they are notified for this through their schedule start notification rule:

ss1.jpg

Each user can also control which schedule(s) they are / not notified of by editing the rule:

ss2.jpg

If you users do not want notifications for any of their schedule starts, they can simply disable the rule or delete it entirely.

caleb_gosnell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 6, 2022

Awesome. Thank you. 
I can hardly believe I didn't find this setting when I first went looking for it.

Like Nick H likes this
HatesJira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 15, 2024

@Nick H May I request that the setting for this be added to the mobile apps? I receive these notifications on mobile so it doesn’t really make sense that I have to use the web app to configure them.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events