cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack integration advanced alert filtering based on multiple tags

Stanislav Udartsev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2024

Hello, 

I'm trying to configure Slack integration to send Kubernetes alerts to different Slack channels based on different set of tags. 

I would like to implement something like:

IF cluster=staging AND (namespace=airflow OR namespace=kafka OR namespace=flink)

Alert Filter with Match all conditions below is not working with "OR" operator:
image.png

Alert Filter with Match one or more conditions below leads to receiving all alerts from staging cluster that not meet the initial requirement.   

image.png

Is it possible to configure Slack integration with advanced filtering that can combine "AND" and "OR" operators? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tejaswi G
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2024
Hey

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community. This is Tejaswi from the Opsgenie Team.

You can't achieve your use case with a single integration, so you need to use multiple Slack integrations. In Opsgenie, we cannot combine "AND" and "OR" operators.
You can split your conditions like the below and add the below condition in the alert filters of the slack integration.

Slack integration 1:
cluster=staging AND namespace=airflow
2024-07-05_16-17-23.png
Slack integration 2:
cluster=staging AND namespace=kafka
2024-07-05_16-18-47.png

Slack integration 3:
cluster=staging AND namespace=flink
2024-07-05_16-19-40.png
Kind Regards,
Tejaswi 

Suggest an answer