cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack Integration

Pamela Lovett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2023

I am setting up a rotation for manually deploying releases on my team. I would like the ability to post when someone's "rotation" starts using the Slack integration; however, it looks like I'm only able to send schedule alerts/reminders via email or text. Is there a way to send that notification to a slack channel instead? Or in addition to the other notification types?

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2023

Hi @Pamela Lovett !

John from Opsgenie support, happy to assist! We do already have a feature request in place for Slack notifications for 'schedule start' here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-365

Here is the current workaround:

Where available in the Integrations tab of the Channel or DM, Slack allows you to create an email address for a channel or DM.

In the User's Notification tab in Opsgenie, this Slack email can then be added as an additional email Contact Method which can then be used in any of the User's notification rules including Schedule Start.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events