cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up call routine

Kim Herr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 24, 2024

Hi all,

I am still getting familiar with the system.  

Ideally, we would like after-hours calls to be diverted from our 3CX phone system to Opsgenie and then to the scheduled person on-call in the appropriate team.

While setting up a call integration using a local number provided by Opsgenie, I see I can choose several teams for call routing. We have different departments in our company (Devs, Sys Admin, SD, etc.), so we have created a team for each department. 

I can create schedules and rotations within teams, but will we need as many Opsgenie numbers as there are teams, or should we use the ‘Auto-Attendant’ to help the caller be redirected to the right team and person on-call? While setting up the call integration I do not get the option to set up a “Press 1 for the Dev Team” etc.

I’m still unclear on the best way to set this up.

Thanks for your help.

Kim

1 answer

0 votes
Egor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2024

Hey Kim, 
Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

To route after-hours calls from your 3CX system to the right on-call team in Opsgenie, you can use the Auto-Attendant feature instead of multiple numbers.

The Auto-Attendant allows you to direct callers to the correct team by setting up options like “Press 1 for the Dev Team,” etc.

This way, you don't need separate numbers for each team. You can configure the Auto-Attendant in the call integration settings by defining menu options that route to specific teams based on the caller’s input.

Please see more info here - https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/incoming-call-routing/#Call-Forwarding-with-Auto-Attendant 

Best Regards,
Egor

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events