It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sending priority from Grafana

I'm using Grafana 6.5.2 and I'd like to map each configured alert in Grafana to a priority in Opsgenie. Is this even possible with the Free plan? 

I see the Priority configuration in the Integration screen, but I don't understand how the {{priority}} field is parsed from the request sent by Grafana.

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 20.04.25.png

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate_Clavet Atlassian Team Dec 30, 2019

Hi there @Arthur Kerpician yes this is because you are on the free plan. This functionality is only available for Standard and Enterprise. Hope that helps! 

Best,

Kate 

Thank you for the reply, Kate

Like Kate_Clavet likes this

@Arthur Kerpician How do you setup priority in grafana alerts?

You need the advanced integration feature, available in Standard or Enterprise plans, as @Kate_Clavet mentioned. From the docs, I think the priority is parsed from the message itself (https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/priority-field).

Like Kate_Clavet likes this
Kate_Clavet Atlassian Team Jan 13, 2020

@borysov.oleksandr Yes, the integration can use tags in notifications :) Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 4.42.08 PM.png

Thank you, there is a problem with their documentation. I read only the end part)

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.58.53 PM.png

Kate_Clavet Atlassian Team Jan 14, 2020

Hi @borysov.oleksandr yes, for sure it is confusing! :) 

@Kate_Clavet 

Can you help me understand how I can use tags from grafana in opsgenie (I cant find examples in docs). When I add key=value in grafana alert I can't see it in opsgenie alerts.

Grafana v6.3.5

Kate_Clavet Atlassian Team Jan 22, 2020

Hi there @borysov.oleksandr where in Grafana are you adding the key values? Can you give me a bit more information please? Thanks! 

Hi! It was very fresh feature and as I understand not released yet, only on master branch https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/20810 (opsgenie support pointed me to that issue when we try to resolve my question with tags).

Grafana 6.6 has just released and tags works good with opsgenie! 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

What's New in Opsgenie? Rollup of January 2019

It's that time again, January flew by. But as usual we've got some fun updates for you.  Incident Details Updates  We've enhanced the incident details view so that you can ea...

334 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you