Sending priority from Grafana

Arthur Kerpician December 30, 2019

I'm using Grafana 6.5.2 and I'd like to map each configured alert in Grafana to a priority in Opsgenie. Is this even possible with the Free plan? 

I see the Priority configuration in the Integration screen, but I don't understand how the {{priority}} field is parsed from the request sent by Grafana.

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 20.04.25.png

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2019

Hi there @Arthur Kerpician yes this is because you are on the free plan. This functionality is only available for Standard and Enterprise. Hope that helps! 

Best,

Kate 

Arthur Kerpician January 2, 2020

Thank you for the reply, Kate

Like Kate Clavet likes this
0 votes
borysov.oleksandr January 9, 2020

@Arthur Kerpician How do you setup priority in grafana alerts?

Arthur Kerpician January 9, 2020

You need the advanced integration feature, available in Standard or Enterprise plans, as @Kate Clavet mentioned. From the docs, I think the priority is parsed from the message itself (https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/priority-field).

Like Marcus Krug likes this
borysov.oleksandr January 9, 2020

Thank you!
@Kate Clavet Can opgenie grafana integration use tags in notifications? https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/alerting/notifications/#alert-rule-tags 

Like Kate Clavet likes this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

@borysov.oleksandr Yes, the integration can use tags in notifications :) Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 4.42.08 PM.png

borysov.oleksandr January 14, 2020

Thank you, there is a problem with their documentation. I read only the end part)

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.58.53 PM.png

Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
January 14, 2020

Hi @borysov.oleksandr yes, for sure it is confusing! :) 

borysov.oleksandr January 16, 2020

@Kate Clavet 

Can you help me understand how I can use tags from grafana in opsgenie (I cant find examples in docs). When I add key=value in grafana alert I can't see it in opsgenie alerts.

Grafana v6.3.5

Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2020

Hi there @borysov.oleksandr where in Grafana are you adding the key values? Can you give me a bit more information please? Thanks! 

borysov.oleksandr January 23, 2020

Hi! It was very fresh feature and as I understand not released yet, only on master branch https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/20810 (opsgenie support pointed me to that issue when we try to resolve my question with tags).

borysov.oleksandr January 27, 2020

Grafana 6.6 has just released and tags works good with opsgenie! 

Nigel Earle December 2, 2020

Im also trying to retrieve alert rule tags from Grafana via a Logz.io integration to Opsgenie. Currently, I'm unable to see the values from the Alert view. Curently using Grafana v7.3.1.

I've set an alert rule tag in grafana from the Alert panel (shown in the image below)

alert-rule-tags.png

If I set {{alert_tags}} as an 'extraProperty' from the logz.io integrations, I see that it comes in as an empty array on the Opsgenie Alert. Also worth mentioning that I am on the free plan of Opsgenie.

alert_tags.png

Alert View with empty array as 'Tags' property valueextra-properties.png

Any ideas @Kate Clavet @borysov.oleksandr?? Thanks! 

borysov.oleksandr December 3, 2020

Hi!
Did you use {{tags}} instead of {{alert_tags}}?
If you want to set priority from Grafana you should use the special tag name og_priority.
For example og_priority=P1.

Like Connor Workman likes this
Nigel Earle December 3, 2020

@borysov.oleksandr Hmm, still no result. I think this might be a constraint for the free plan. Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events