Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule start notifications

Robin Sundström February 22, 2021

Hi, I have a use case where the on-call schedule defines a new user every monday in rotation. I would like the notification for "schedule start" to be sent on friday to remind the users they will be on-call the coming monday. Is there any way to do this? as far as I can see the maximum time period before this event is 1 day, is there any workaround for this ?

Regards. 

1 answer

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Hello @Robin Sundström ,

You could implement such a solution using Automation for Jira where you can define the time period using a CRON expression. 

Would that work for you ?

Robin Sundström February 22, 2021

I´m not too familiar with automation for Jira, I know what it is used for but I didn´t know it could be used to to manipulate Opsgenie settings/functionality. So you´re thinking the automation will get whoever is on call in the CRON job and send the notification from Jira? Regardless, this would only work for a cloud JSM solution I'm assuming? There is no native way, from Opsgenie, to extend the schedule start notification more than a day ahead of the starting time?

regards,
Robin 

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

@Robin Sundström My bad, I misread your question I thought you were asking about Jira, sorry. I'm not using Opsgenie hence I won't be able to help :/ 
I'm going to delete my answer once you've read this message in order not to mislead anyone else.

Like Robin Sundström likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events