• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Schedule start notifications

Hi, I have a use case where the on-call schedule defines a new user every monday in rotation. I would like the notification for "schedule start" to be sent on friday to remind the users they will be on-call the coming monday. Is there any way to do this? as far as I can see the maximum time period before this event is 1 day, is there any workaround for this ?

Regards. 

1 answer

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy Community Leader Feb 22, 2021

Hello @Robin Sundström ,

You could implement such a solution using Automation for Jira where you can define the time period using a CRON expression. 

Would that work for you ?

I´m not too familiar with automation for Jira, I know what it is used for but I didn´t know it could be used to to manipulate Opsgenie settings/functionality. So you´re thinking the automation will get whoever is on call in the CRON job and send the notification from Jira? Regardless, this would only work for a cloud JSM solution I'm assuming? There is no native way, from Opsgenie, to extend the schedule start notification more than a day ahead of the starting time?

regards,
Robin 

Guilhem Dupuy Community Leader Feb 23, 2021

@Robin Sundström My bad, I misread your question I thought you were asking about Jira, sorry. I'm not using Opsgenie hence I won't be able to help :/ 
I'm going to delete my answer once you've read this message in order not to mislead anyone else.

Like Robin Sundström likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Investigate deployment-related incidents with Bamboo and Opsgenie together

Back in April of last year one of the major product announcements from Opsgenie was the launch of the Incident investigation view which created a deep connection between Bitbucket and Opsgenie, empow...

629 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you