Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems automatically creating a Jira Software issue from an OpsGenie alert

ssllumiquinga April 20, 2022

I am setting up an integration between Opsgenie and Jira Service Management via webhooks, so far I can create an issue in Jira and it is created as an alert in Opsgenie, I add comments from opsgenie and these are reflected in the issues created in Jira, but when creating an alarm in Opsgenie is not reflected in Jira, how can I do?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2022

Hi @ssllumiquinga ,

You'd first want to check the alert's activity log to see if there are any errors:

jira1.jpg

Typically if no issue is being created, there will be some 400 error that might better explain why the alert is not creating an issue.

If there is an activity log that shows, "Sent [createIssue] action to Jira" but no issue is being created, then the OEC checkbox in the integration might be selected, when most of the time it's not needed:

jira2.jpg

OEC is typically only needed for on-prem Jira instances, and not cloud instances. So if this is selected, uncheck the OEC box >> save the integration >> and retest with a new alert.

Following that there might be some other 400 error, or the integration could work as expected. Let us know regardless.

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2022

This write up as well should help troubleshooting the issue:

Opsgenie Alerts Not Creating Jira / Jira Service Management Issues

Hi, @Nick H 

I appreciate the information, I have reviewed the logs of an alarm and it shows me the error: Reason: 400 Bad Request: [{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"issuetype":"Specify an issue type" } }] In this case, could you tell me how I can fix it please?

In the input data when creating the alarm in Opsgenie
Captura de Pantalla 2022-04-20 a la(s) 15.37.43.pngCaptura de Pantalla 2022-04-20 a la(s) 15.39.04.png

Nick H
Atlassian Team
April 20, 2022

Hi @ssllumiquinga ,

That error is more related to the integration, and the issue type not being recognized by Opsgenie.

If you have not already configured this part of the integration, you'll need to configure these fields:

jira3.jpg

The top of the other Community post shared above should provide more info into that:

Opsgenie Alerts Not Creating Jira / Jira Service Management Issues

For alerts created by Jira

Like mailtestmonitoreo likes this

@Nick H  ,

I managed to fix the error Reason: 400 Bad Request: [{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"issuetype":"Specify an issue type" } ].
In the JSM integration settings in Opsgenie, change the Issue Type Name field, as shown below
Captura de Pantalla 2022-04-20 a la(s) 16.29.34.png

Thank you very much for your help

@Nick H  now, once the integration between Opsgenie and JSM is done, there is a way to export to JSM the alarms that were managed in Opsgenie before the integration??

Nick H
Atlassian Team
April 21, 2022

No I don't believe there is a way to do that; export a list of Opsgenie alerts and import them into Jira as issues.

Like mailtestmonitoreo likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events