Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority mapping between Opsgenie and Jira Service Management

Janna February 15, 2022

As a customer, I want to have priority mapping between Opsgenie and Jira Service Management (JSM). When alerts are created in Opsgenie with a particular priority, I want the corresponding tickets to be created in JSM with the same priority.

OG alerts -> JSM Integration ->  JSM tickets.

I would also like to see this feature bidirectional so when creating a ticket in Jira Service Management it will correspond with the associated Opsgenie Alert. Currently, this will create a default P3 alert in Opsgenie and it requires manual intervention to tweak and automate this logic.

JSM tickets -> JSM Integration  -> OG alerts

1 answer

1 vote
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2022

Hi @Janna 

It's in progress in the Roadmap

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9565

For now you can work with link below

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/How-do-I-match-JSM-to-Opsgenie-priority-level/qaq-p/1583386

Let me know if you have any queries

Thanks,

Pramodh

Janna February 15, 2022

Hi, I followed the link you provided, but it seems that there is no Advanced button on the upper right side. Is there any way I can set the priority to match the JSM and Opsgenie? Thank you

Capture.PNG

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2022

Hi Janna,

The Advanced tab of the integration is only available on the Standard and Enterprise plans.

Like # people like this
Marlon Silva February 27, 2022

Hi John,

Is there anyway to match the priorities between OpsGenie and Jira Service Management if OpsGenie is not on Standard plans?

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2022

Hi Marlon,

The alternative would be to use a policy to map the priority, rather than the advanced settings on the integration. You would need to create a policy for each priority and add the filter of "source contains: Jira"

Here is an example:

jira_priority.png

Marlon Silva February 28, 2022

Hi John!

Thank you for your response. I would like to know where we can create a policy that you mentioned? Is  it with Jira or OpsGenie? I think I have limited access in OpsGenie but will coordinate with our JIRA Admin. Do you have the complete documentation about this alert policy creation? I appreciate your assistance on this matter. 

John M
Atlassian Team
February 28, 2022

Hi Marlon,

I apologize, I thought team-based policies were available on all plans but after checking the documentation it appears that they are also only available on the Standard and Enterprise plans. With that being the case, I believe there is no way to map priorities between Jira and Opsgenie on the Essentials plan. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events