Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie to JSM - could not send [addComment] - Reason 404 Not Found

Deleted user March 25, 2021

I have an increasing complex integration between Opsgenie and JSM.  I was able to configure the integration per the documentation and when I create an Opsgenie alert, it will create an JSM service ticket.

I have the configuration attached for reference.

Because of when I close an Opsgenie Alert, it doesn't close the JSM ticket (per the docs), I am hoping to have Opsgenie write a comment in the JSM ticket and then have JIRA automation close the JSM ticket.

But I can't get the comment to write to JSM.

Also adding screen show showing the Activity log where Opsgenie is able to receive comments but not able to send them. Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.22.36 AM.png

Any suggestions?Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.16.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.16.48 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

Thanks for sharing the activity log of that alert. If possible, can you also share the 404 debug log found under the Settings tab >> Logs tab?? That might provide more insight into what the problem is. Example:

jsm404comm2.jpg

Also - I see the bottom log of your screenshot shows an issue being created in JSM, but is that actually the case? Did that Opsgenie alert create a JSM issue?

Typically when there are 400 errors with JSM or Jira, it’s due to misconfiguring one or more of these fields in the integration:

jsm404comm.jpg

This article should help ensure your current set up is properly configured: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-articles/Opsgenie-Alerts-Not-Creating-Jira-Jira-Service-Management-Issues/ba-p/1563628

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, issues, etc. I'll be on the lookout for your response / screenshot of your debug log. 

Yep, here is the log.  It seems weird if the configuration is wrong because when I add comments from JSM, they appear in Opsgenie, but when I add them in Opsgenie they error out.

Do you think I have the wrong Issue Type?  I can try updating the URL to include the last "/" but I had that initially and nothing worked. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 9.42.56 AM.png

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2021

That error / response doesn't look too familiar. If possible, could you open a ticket here with Opsgenie support: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

I'm on that team and will try picking it up. It'll be easier if we can access your account, but won't be able to in a public forum like this 😅

I will report back with any findings though!!

Done, thank you! OGSP-64216

Nick H
Atlassian Team
March 29, 2021

Thanks again for opening a ticket with Opsgenie support, @[deleted] . I'm reporting our findings here so if others run into a similar error, hopefully this can help! 

To recap, JSM issues were creating Opsgenie alerts no problem. But it was actions being taken on the alert that were not mapping back to JSM, and producing 404 errors:

jsmerror1.jpgjsmerror2.jpg

We found these errors were due to manipulating the Issue Key at alert creation - and what data parses in this field.

This is what Opsgenie uses to communicate back to JSM, so if this is altered, errors like the 404s can occur. The edited Issue Key looked something like the screenshot below:
jsmerror3.jpg

It's important to note for other users that this should be left alone, and should only use the dynamic field added at default which is {{key}}.

Related: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Opsgenie-delayed-incomingData/qaq-p/1648853

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events