Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members
Community Events
Community Groups

Opsgenie - New Relic Integration - Destinations


With the new update to New Relic, there is no longer an Opsgenie integration but rather a webhook.

I'm following this Opsgenie document but I don't seem to have the API URL when I use the "New" New Relic Opsgenie integration.

If I use the "Legacy" New Relic Opsgenie integration, that provides the API URL, but when I test the connection, the New Relic UI gives a successful result but there is no alert in Opsgenie.

Does anyone have a documented approach that I can borrow?

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H Atlassian Team Sep 19, 2022

Hi @Chris ,

If you were to use the v2 New Relic integration, I believe the format of the URL might be something like this:

Testing with Postman - that seems to work:


I gave that a shot using the API key from the New Relic - New Integration.  The New Relic UI accepted it, but after testing it, the alert didn't make its way to Opsgenie -- Alert screen.  

 I am seeing data coming through in the opsgenie logs.  I'm wondering if it is having issues parsing the payload. I used the one in the document referenced above.  Do you have any examples I can try into New Relic?

Are there any errors in the Opsgenie logs, or indication as to why an alert was not created? This Article my colleague shared might help as well:

Here is a snap shot of the order in which the request come in. 


Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 1.37.41 PM.png

Ok, when I remove this line from this doc, it works.

"current_state": {{#if issueClosedAtUtc}} "closed" {{else if issueAcknowledgedAt}} "acknowledged" {{else}} "open"{{/if}},

I guess the json is off... 

Like Nick H likes this
Nick H Atlassian Team Sep 19, 2022

Hi @Chris ,

Based on that screenshot, it appears Opsgenie is trying to close an alert vs. creating one:



Which leads me to believe the data being sent from New Relic is not matching on what the integration is expecting for an alert to be created. By default Opsgenie is looking to match on one of these two conditions:



Note the screenshot above is of the integration's Advanced tab which is only available on the standalone Standard and Enterprise plans, or the JSM Premium and Enterprise plans.


You should also review what data is parsing in the payload under the Processed incomingData and Received integration request logs. This should help understand whether not Opsgenie is parsing the fields as expected, or determine what might be going on:


Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer

Atlassian Community Events