Opsgenie- JIRA integration issue

Akanksha Kulshrestha January 14, 2022

Hi Team,

I have got this issue whie forwarding the closed alarm at JIRA from Opsgenie:

"Could not send [resolveIssue] action to Jira [JiraSoftware]. Reason: 400 Bad Request: [{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"resolution":"Field 'resolution' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}]"

Alert creation is happening well:When alert is created at Opsgenie, an issue wil be created at JIRA.

However when alert is closed at Opsgenie, this will not RESOLVED the closed alert at JIRA.

Can you please advise.

Conditionsand Filters at Integration.png

1 answer

0 votes
Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2022

Hi @Akanksha Kulshrestha 

When Opsgenie attempts to close a Jira ticket and this error occurs it can happen for a range of reasons. Let me go over the possible blockers here:

• Can you confirm that the user that is used in the Jira integration in Opsgenie has the permissions to resolve issues in Jira? 
    • You can confirm this by logging in as this user and try to resolve the issue.
  • Can you check the workflow for this project/issue type, and ensure that the status 'Resolved' exists, and that all statuses can transition into the 'Resolved' status.
  • Do you have any required fields that need to be entered before transitioning to the Resolved status? 

If you want to be able to share more information around this case you can go ahead and create a support ticket with us to do a deeper investigation via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Thanks,

Connor

Mason Pan May 25, 2022

Hi, has the issue been solved? (I know the ticket has been awhile). May I know why? I just met the same issue.

Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2022

Hello @Mason Pan 
This is Mubeen. As mentioned in the previous response by Connor, this specific issue may occur for various reasons. A few options are discussed above, can you please try validating the mentioned options if that is the reason you are facing a "400 Bad Request" error? I will share the details again for visibility. 

• Can you confirm that the user that is used in the Jira integration in Opsgenie has the permissions to resolve issues in Jira? 
    • You can confirm this by logging in as this user and trying to resolve the issue.
  • Can you check the workflow for this project/issue type, and ensure that the status 'Resolved' exists and that all statuses can transition into the 'Resolved' status.
  • Do you have any required fields that need to be entered before transitioning to the Resolved status?

In most cases, the issue will be how the Jira Integration and Jira project is configured. If the issue you are facing is not specific to the options discussed then with exact error details you can create a support ticket with us to do a deeper investigation via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Thank you

Mohammed Mubeen

Like Darryl Lee likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events