Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie Android app does not provide option to select different sounds for different alerts

Michael Krug December 7, 2022

Hi, I am running Opsgenie v3.5.8 on Android 11 (OnePlus 7).

The documentation https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie-android/docs/customize-notification-sounds-on-an-android/ states that I should be able to adjust ringtones for all alert categories separately. Also screenshots of other users in this forum do show that option.

My app unfortunately does only provide me one single option for default / other notifications. This is bad as now also schedule start and end alerts will make my phone ring super audible - as I need this for actual alerts.

Screenshot_20221207-162133.jpg

Any idea why this is the case and how to fix it?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Krug May 23, 2023

I just want to follow up on my issue as this has been resoled now.

The reason for me was been that we were using central managed notification policies.

After we deactivated them and I was in full control of my notifications again, I was also able to configure every notification type individually.

0 votes
julianapetrova June 2, 2023

Hope you solve the problem soon. If you want to download ringtones, visit: https://sonneriebb.com/

0 votes
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2022

Hi Michael,

Happy to help! I checked on my own device (Galaxy 20 Android 13), and those other options are appearing normally:
318481068_6050323455049530_6494915627612872578_n.jpg

This may have to do with your device, since OnePlus devices use OxygenOS rather than stock Android. I would recommend first reinstalling the app and then attempting to see if there are any app restrictions on the Opsgenie app that would prevent it from showing those other options. If that fails, you may want to reach out to OnePlus to see if they can point out anything that might be preventing those from appearing as a result of the OS. This article may also assist in troubleshooting that https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie-android/docs/troubleshooting-for-android/.

Please let us know if you have any follow up questions

Michael Krug December 9, 2022

Thanks for your reply. 

I already did reinstall the app which made no difference. I also did not find any restrictions. It just seems that the notification categories are not existing at my end for whatever reason. 

Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2022

Hi @Michael Krug ,

It may be worth filing a ticket so we can examine this closer, but I would also recommend reaching out to OnePlus Support to see if they can identify anything specific to the OS that may have something to do with this.

Please let us know if you have any follow up questions

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events