Opsgenie Alert is not Created

Wija MW September 25, 2022

I have an alert configured in the elastic cloud which I throw at both Slack and opsgenie API (webhook).

The alert goes through the Slack channel but the opsgenie doesn't create an alert for it.

Could you tell me how to troubleshoot it?

PS:

I have multiple alerts configured and the other similar alerts work fine on both Slack and Opsgenie. I have tested them as well.

One noticeable difference is that this alert (problematic) has a status check of down for >1 within 1 minute while the others have >5 within 10 minutes. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Wija MW ,

I went ahead and moved this from our Discussions section of the Opsgenie Community, to the Questions section - just as an FYI. Seems more related.

My colleague actually published an Article recently on how to troubleshoot this type of issue, that you can review here:

Integration not creating Opsgenie alert

Hope that helps!

Wija MW September 26, 2022

Thanks, I will check it out

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2022

Sounds good! If nothing is found in the Logs then I'd assume there's a misconfiguration on the elastic cloud side. Even if Opsgenie received the requests and there were errors creating the alerts, they'd still be logged in Opsgenie.

As well, if you are using the Alert API, ensure you are also using the correct URL depending on your region:

US: https://api.opsgenie.com

EU: https://api.eu.opsgenie.com

Wija MW September 26, 2022

I got an error

Can not execute alert action. There is no open alert with alias ...

I use match all alerts type in the create alert's filter.

I think it should match every data that is coming.

I have checked my policy as well but I think there is nothing that blocking it.

Do you have any suggestion on what should I check next?

Nick H
Atlassian Team
September 26, 2022

Can you review either the the Processed incomingData and/or Received integration request logs?

They might shed some light into what is be parsing in the payload, or if there is not anything parsing in the payload at all - so you can reference whether or not the data is matching on the create alert action.

I know you mentioned the create alert action is set to Match all alerts, but there could be more in the log to determine why alerts are not being created.

The log you shared; 

Can not execute alert action. There is no open alert with alias

leads me to believe the request received is trying to preform some other actions than creating an alert.

Moh Wijayanto October 14, 2022

Sorry for the late reply.

I just found out that the alert was never created in the first place.

The log from before is opsgenie trying to close the alert when it is recovered.

It failed because the alert is not created.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events