cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsGenie to Microsoft Teams - For Information Only

Graham Lea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2024

Hi team

I have configured an OpsGenie to Microsoft Teams V2 integration which is working fine.  Because it's a bi-directional integration I get the necessary controls to manipulate the alert from the teams channel.

I'd like to have a second channel which is configured 'for information only'  The idea being that the engineers can manipulate the alert from within teams via the first integration but a wider audience just see the notification without the option to change the alert status. 

Is this possible and if it is is there any guidance on the settings required?

Regards

Graham

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2024

Hello @Graham Lea 

Thank you for contacting the Atlassian community. This is Mubeen.

The direct, inbuilt functionality to send alert details in a read-only format without the interactive alert actions (such as acknowledge, close, etc.) through the standard OpsGenie to Microsoft Teams integration is not a feature available. The integration's primary value proposition is around actionable alerts to streamline the response process.

A workaround option could be utilizing OpsGenie's ability to send alert notifications via email. You can setup a channel in MS Teams to receive email notifications and configure OpsGenie to send alerts to that email address. While this method does not use the direct OpsGenie to Teams integration, it achieves the goal of delivering alerts in a read-only format to a Teams channel. This would require validations from your MS teams admin for the ability to get emails for your MS Teams channels.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
ENTERPRISE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events