It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

OpsGenie>Jira - Set priority of created tickets

I've been looking over the documentation for this integration (Jira Software Cloud) and the various settings in the integration in OpsGenie but can't see one that allows for setting the priority of any tickets that are first create in OpsGenie and sent to Jira.

This is a new setup and we've decided to only push P2 or higher alerts over to Jira and I have that bit setup, however, they are showing at Medium (P3) in Jira.

Whilst there is a trigger for "If Priority is updated" there isn't an action to perform in Jira to edit it on that side, with the only meaningful option being to add a comment which obviously isn't ideal.

1 answer

0 votes
nickhaller Atlassian Team May 08, 2020

Hi @Mark_Skrzypczyk !

Thanks for reaching out. At this time Opsgenie > JSD does not have this functionality out-of-the-box. We do have an open feature request that I can certainly add you to though. In the meantime - the workaround requires a few steps in both Opsgenie and JSD.

In Opsgenie - you will want to create an Alert Policy (under the Settings tab > Global Policies) that adds the priority to the alert's message or description field. Alert policies are used to modify alerts upon creation: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/global-policies#alert-policy

The setup might look something like this:

priority 1.jpg

Then in JSD you will want to add automation rules that filter on the priority that is now being sent in the ticket's Summary or Description. Similar to OG's Alert policies, Automation rules can be used to used to modify tickets upon creation (along with other actions): https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/set-up-rules-to-automate-repetitive-tasks/

These can be added under Settings > System > Automation Rules. One of the rules might look something like this:

priorty 2.jpg

My rule above looks for "P1" in the Summary of the ticket and maps these to Critical priorities in JSD. Here is a test example as well:

priority 3.2.jpgpriority 4.jpg

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any followup questions.

Best,

Nick

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

What's New in Opsgenie Remote Summit 2020

Thanks for making Remote Summit such a big success!  As is typical of Summit, we announced a various enhancements and improvements to further support streamlined incident management. To be sure ...

441 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you