OpsGenie extraProperties on Incident Template

Janine Caddick September 17, 2020

Hi,

I am trying to add in to the incident template an extra field added under Extra Properties.

I have tried to reference this many different ways in the incident email template, but cannot get it to show in the email.  Does someone have an example how to do this?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2020

Hi Janine,

This is Darryl, Opsgenie Support, happy to help. 

Are you trying to add some extra properties upon an Incident Creation and would like to see them included in the Incident Email Notification body for the stakeholders?

Please note that both the Incident Template and Email Template for Stakeholders are available only on the Enterprise Subscription.

This feature sets work normally as per my latest testing.

<Steps>

1. Add an Incident Template with 2 Extra Properties at the path: Settings > Incident templates > Add incident template
  2. Add an Email Template to incorporate the {{extraProperties}} in the email body at the path: Settings > Email templates > Create new email template.
  3. Create a new Incident at with selecting the predefined Incident Template and ensure the Extra Properties field and Email Template field has been populated as defined in the Incident Template. Path: Incidents > Create incident.
  4. Wait for a short while, your Stakeholders will receive the Email Notification for this new-created incident with the Extra Properties populated in the email body.

Hope this can help.

Kind regards,

Darryl Lee

Opsgenie Support

Janine Caddick February 23, 2021

Hi Support,

The images here appear broken. Can you repost so that I can try to replicate.

Many Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events