Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

OpsGenie extraProperties on Incident Template

Hi,

I am trying to add in to the incident template an extra field added under Extra Properties.

I have tried to reference this many different ways in the incident email template, but cannot get it to show in the email.  Does someone have an example how to do this?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee Atlassian Team Sep 21, 2020

Hi Janine,

This is Darryl, Opsgenie Support, happy to help. 

Are you trying to add some extra properties upon an Incident Creation and would like to see them included in the Incident Email Notification body for the stakeholders?

Please note that both the Incident Template and Email Template for Stakeholders are available only on the Enterprise Subscription.

This feature sets work normally as per my latest testing.

<Steps>

1. Add an Incident Template with 2 Extra Properties at the path: Settings > Incident templates > Add incident template
  2. Add an Email Template to incorporate the {{extraProperties}} in the email body at the path: Settings > Email templates > Create new email template.
  3. Create a new Incident at with selecting the predefined Incident Template and ensure the Extra Properties field and Email Template field has been populated as defined in the Incident Template. Path: Incidents > Create incident.
  4. Wait for a short while, your Stakeholders will receive the Email Notification for this new-created incident with the Extra Properties populated in the email body.

Hope this can help.

Kind regards,

Darryl Lee

Opsgenie Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

New! Investigate and re-deploy stable deployments from the Incident Investigation view in Opsgenie

We’re excited to announce the latest enhancement to Opsgenie’s Incident Investigation view. Now when an incident occurs users can select the previous stable deployment, and begin the redeployment pro...

198 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you