OpsGenie cannot override DnD settings with Android 13 and work profile

Eric Liprandi January 10, 2023

This question is similar to what was asked a couple of years ago here. But the solutions/workarounds don't seem to work anymore.

Basically, I have a new Samsung S22 that was upgraded to Android 13 and the OpsGenie app does not seem to be able to override the Do Not Disturb settings as it did on my previous phone (S10 + Android 12). It's a bit annoying because I prefer to get more subtle notifications, even on DnD that to wait for OpsGenie call me.

Any pointers as to how to get DnD settings to work with Work Profile?

2 answers

2 votes
Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2023

Hey Eric,

Thank you for your feedback and help improving Opsgenie. As of now, we are aware of this issue and have a public facing Bug ticket for it that you can track via: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-1110 

Please feel free to post any further queries/comments regarding this issue on that ticket as that will be the main source of information for it.

Best regards,

Eric Liprandi January 12, 2023

Thanks for the info. I did add my comments on it. Hopefully this is addressed soon.

Alexandre Ferreira January 27, 2023

Hello Muhammad,

Any updates on this? I don't see any progress on the ticket that you provided and we're deeply concerned about this and the fact that the ticket is on low priority. This is affecting our operations in major ways and if we don't see any resolution on this we might drop Opsgenie altogheter

0 votes
Tony Gambino
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2024

Ticket was closed out, this continues to be an issue well into Android 14. The problem is that OpsGenie does not seem to recognize that the app is added to the *correct* DnD override location, which is not the same place Atlassian has it looking.

Screenshot_2024-02-06-18-38-44-31_b06b9f895db4f40cf5869c0255233b21.jpgScreenshot_2024-02-06-20-49-11-63_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpgScreenshot_2024-02-06-20-39-27-13_8142442b4340f41fb3bd44535ad8f76b (1).jpg

It is looking to an empty "menu" in settings when in fact the setting is correctly found elsewhere. See the 3rd photo for the correct settings screen where OpsGenie is exempted from Do Not Disturb.

So even though OpsGenie is given override access over DnD (and I personally never use DnD in the first place, it continues to prompt on *every* launch for override permissions which it does not even recognize are already set.

Jonas Martinez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2024

Hi Tony,

Thanks for bringing this up to us. I think it would be helpful if we brought this issue over to our feature request in regards to this error so our dev team can have further visibility into this issue. I will be leaving an internal note, but feel free to leave a commend explaining your case here so they can see a firsthand account of what's happening

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-1110 

However, it does seem like it was closed out as this fix is now out of Opsgenie's control, as of our dev's last note:

We have reproduced this issue and saw that the workaround previously mentioned (installing the app in both the Personal and the Work profile) does not work. This workaround has not been an official fix for this issue.

Google Developer Docs states that: “Managed profiles cannot grant Do Not Disturb access”. In this context, “Managed profiles” refer to the Work profile.
This workaround that has previously worked in Android 12 and below has been patched, and it does not work anymore on Android 13 and above.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any further assistance with this issue, as this is a decision made by Google about the usage of the Work profile, and we have no control over how the Work profile works and what permissions it can block out for any of our apps.

There is an issue about this on Google’s IssueTracker, and it can be found here: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/77939714
If Google chooses to provide a fix for this, we are happy to implement it for all of our users. But, as it stands now, we are unable to assist further with this issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events