'Do not disturb' override option missing. Android

pmorgan December 9, 2020

Every time I open the Opsgenie App on Android it prompts me to override the Do Not Disturb settings.

But the subsequent Android settings menu doesn't contain Opsgenie as an option!

Strangely, this worked prior to me reinstalling Opsgenie under my Work profile (Workspace)

What can I do to fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
andani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

Hi @pmorgan, one of the members of Opsgenie Mobile team is here to answer your question.

It is an issue regarding an Android restriction.

The android docs say:
“Managed profiles cannot grant Do Not Disturb access.”
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings#ACTION_NOTIFICATION_POLICY_ACCESS_SETTINGS

“The Android platform allows devices to have work profiles (sometimes referred to as managed profiles).”
https://developer.android.com/work/managed-profiles

The workaround we suggest is:

If you have Opsgenie on both "Personal Profile" and "Work Profile" you will be able to see Opsgenie in the DnD permission list of "Work Profile" and enable DnD access to Opsgenie. If you then uninstall Opsgenie from "Personal Profile", Opsgenie will stop showing up in the list of "Work Profile", but it will still bypass DnD as expected.

I hope this workaround would work for you too. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Have a nice day.

pmorgan December 9, 2020

That has worked!  I just needed to add the Opsgenie numbers to my personal Contacts instead of Work Contacts.

Thanks for the quick solution!

Carlos del Castillo January 28, 2021

Also worked for me.  Thanks!

You don't even have to do any setup with the Personal Profile.  Just add the application.  Then go into the Work Profile application and enable DnD.

Like miklos.boros likes this
Steve Welham November 23, 2022

Tried this workaround on Android 13 today. Did not work.

Eric Liprandi January 11, 2023

@Steve Welham FYI, I just asked a new question since this one is marked as answered. Having similar issues.

Maxim Marintchenko February 1, 2023

This did not work for me (Android 12 on Pixel 3)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events