Ops Genie to Jira Integration

Mike T. December 17, 2019

We need the ability to have multiple teams respond to different alerts created in ops genie, and have that alert create  a ticket to the correct project in Jira. 

So if an alert is created for one team, have ops genie send information to jira and create a ticket in that teams project. 

I've played around with a few different options, but I can't seem to get this to work. Is there any better documentation other than the default config doc?

1 answer

1 vote
Mark Campbell-Vincent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2019

Hi @Mike T.,

you can assign a Jira integration for each team. This way, when a specific alert is created, that team will have a Jira ticket created for their project. Does this work for your use case?

Mike T. December 18, 2019

Thats how I thought it would work. However, and I very likely misconfigured it. BUT when I created the integration all alerts in ops genie were being sent to a single teams jira project. We have dozens of teams using ops genie for on call escalations. Again, I'm probably configuring the integration incorrectly. 

Would a call to support be the best route to go? or is there more specific documentation I could follow?

Mark Campbell-Vincent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2019

Just to be clear, in this use case, it would be best to have multiple Jira integrations for each team. This way, each team will have a Jira ticket created for the specified project key. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events