Only send to MS Teams if alert is sent to on call

Matt Browne February 10, 2021

We have integrated MS teams in opsgenie and it will send alerts to channels when alerts fire.

The problem is I have rules set on the alerts which depending on certain conditions alerts can be held, e.g. low priority alerts will not call overnight. But they will ping a message to the teams channel.

This looks to be because the teams integration is separate to the alert integration. Is there a way that messages to teams are only sent if the alert also fires to a human?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Amit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

While it's not the cleanest way to do it, one work-around we use is to create a 2nd team, and direct alerts to this 2nd team. This team just has a Escalation policy of Send to the Primary team after 5 minutes. For your case you can set your priority rules here.

The primary team has the escalation to start immediately and the MS Team integration.

Matt Browne February 18, 2021

thanks - I think that is something I can use as a workaround!

0 votes
Rahul S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2021

Hi Matt,

You are right on the fact that MS Teams will be treated as integration and not as Notification. 

At the moment, we can only apply the delay policies to alert notifications.

However, we do have an internal Feature request to implement a delay in a similar fashion to Alert notifications.

Thanks,
Rahul

Matt Browne February 12, 2021

ok thanks - my other idea was if there was a way from an alert to know if a notification had been sent to an on call person, that way we could filter the alerts sent on the teams notification only if that flag is set.

Is that possible in any way?

Rahul S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2021

Hi Matt,

We have explored various options to implement this, currently, this is not supported on Opsgenie.

Regards,
Rahul

Matt Browne February 16, 2021

OK - thank you for checking. It would be good if this could be addressed as currently we're considering if we should move to another tool as the ability for teams to do desktop notifications is really useful so we don't need rely on email/phone notifications.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events