Not receiving alerts from Jira Service Management

Chris March 24, 2021

Hi, this is a pretty wide open question, but all of the sudden I am not able to receive JSM/ Service Desk Tickets into Opsgenie for one of our teams.

I've went so much as to create a new JSM integration and no luck. 

I've checked the logs and see [incoming][jira-software-cloud]Received integration question with event ID... but there is no data in the logs.

I also see other successful integrations for other teams occurring around this integration.

Any thoughts?  We have 14ish teams in Opsgenie that are connecting back to JSM.  I'm wondering if there is a limit?

I discovered this in trouble shooting a weird thing where the 'priority' of JSM wasn't setting the Opsgenie priority field.  It does that by default in other integrations as well. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Chris ,

This is pretty wide open without being able to dive into the account and review the logs.

But you did mention - "I've checked the logs and see other successful integrations for other teams occurring around this integration."

+

This log: [incoming][jira-software-cloud]Received integration request - all leads me to believe that the JSM alerts might be deduplicating under one alert. 

Our documentation explains there should be a webhook configured in JSM for each integration: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/jiraservicedesk-integration#configuration-in-jira-service-management

But if you have multiple integrations / webhooks - you should consider configuring a JQL within each webhook to specify when they trigger.

For example:

jsmcomm1.jpg

If no JQL is configured under multiple webhooks, they would all trigger, and only one Opsgenie alert would be created with an increased alert count since their aliases would match - aka they'd be deduplicated: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/alert-deduplication

^ If this is not the case, I'd suggest searching the Opsgenie logs for the issue number to troubleshoot. If Opsgenie is receiving the requests, it'll be logged (even if there are errors). If there are no logs, Opsgenie is most likely not receiving the request and there is probably a slight misconfiguration on the JSM side.

jsmcomm2.jpg

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any additional questions, issues, etc.

Chris March 24, 2021

Thank you Nick, I updated the JIRA to reference the project key and not the name.  But I'm back to my original issue where the JSM priority won't seem to update the opsgenie priority for this specific integration. 

Chris March 24, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 3.17.47 PM.png

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2021

This similar community post should help with mapping priority: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/How-do-I-match-JSM-to-Opsgenie-priority-level/qaq-p/1583386

Since JSM priorities do not match with Opsgenie's out-of-the-box, multiple Create Alert actions that filter on the JSM priority can be added to map to the corresponding Opsgenie priority.

But - I do see that your priority includes a number that corresponds with Opsgenie's priority; JSM Highest (P1) ~ Opsgenie P1.

If all of your priorities do correspond with a number similar to Opsgenie, you could instead use one Create Alert action, and use the Custom Value to Opsgenie Priority mapping with an expression like this: {{priority.extract(/P[1-5]/)}}

jsmcomm3.jpg

I adjusted my JSM priorities to something similar, ran a few tests, and was able to use the configuration above to work as expected. Below are screenshots of both:

jsmcomm5.jpg

jsmcomm4.jpg

Hope this helps!! Let us know if you have any other questions, issues, etc.

0 votes
Chris March 24, 2021

Wrong field, sorry

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events