Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage engine service desk plus webhook integration error

operations January 24, 2023

Hi,

My name is Don.

Im trying to integrate Opegenie and servicedesk plus with webhook

Followed this article from Opsgenie

version = (ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus  14.1)2023-01-25 11_30_38-(133) ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus.jpg

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-manageengine-servicedesk-plus/

First issue is, screenshots from SD does not match my version of SD, i think instructions are from an older version of SD.

When i manually execute Json from servisedesk plus, i get an error in Opsgenie logs.

Error occurred while processing incomingData. Error: Could not parse field. Reason: Unrecognized token 'P1': was expecting (JSON String, Number, Array, Object or token 'null', 'true' or 'false') at [Source: (String)"P1"; line: 1, column: 3]

2023-01-25 11_32_54-Opsgenie - Logs.jpg

Tried chat support with Opsgenie, no help from them.

i have attached some screenshots as well.

I tried to follow this article to no avail.

https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/alert-api#create-alert

has anyone else encountered this issue?

2 answers

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2023

Hi @operations,

This is Darryl, I am here to help. 

We apologize for the frustration on the integration with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus due to the outdated documentation.

For an effective communication and investigation, would you please help create a support request ticket via this link? Please include the name of the support agent from Opsgenie Support you've worked with before and we will not ask you for duplicated information.

Sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience and frustration this caused.

Best regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

0 votes
Tim Ashour May 4, 2023

Was there an answer to this question?
I'm also struggling since the ManageEngine documentation doesn't match the current version. I stumbled onto this question and was hoping to find an answer before opening a support ticket of my own.

Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2023

Hey there Tim, 

This was resolved in the ticket Don put in - let me share the steps here: 

1. In ManageEngineServiceDesk Plus, click the Gear button on the navigation at the top of the page.
  2. Click on Automation option and select Custom Actions from the left panel.
  3. Then select Webhooks. Click New Webhook.
  4. Populate the WebHook URL field with the integration URL copied previously while saving the integration in Opsgenie.
  5. In the "Headers" field enter Content-Type as key and application/json as value.
  6. Paste this text to your message body. Make sure to select "JSON" type for the request body.
  7. Click Save&Test to confirm webhook integration is working fine.

If the test is successful, please go ahead and follow the below steps to configure triggers.

1. Click the "Triggers" tab and click on "New Trigger".
  2. Click the Select Custom Actions -> Webhook link. Select the webhook created previously.
  3. Alert properties are configured from the ManageEngine Integration/Advanced Settings page.

Please give this a go - if it doesn't work for you, a ticket would be best so a support engineer can debug with you.  

Regards,
Talar 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events