Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management integration; create Issue from Heartbeat alert

Daniel Denney September 28, 2022

Is it possible to configure the Jira Service Management Cloud Opsgenie integration in a way that will create a Jira Service Management Issue when an Opsgenie Heartbeat Alert is created?

If it is possible, how?

I have attempted to use the "Create and update requests with Opsgenie alerts that are created by other integrations" options to no avail.

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2022

Hi Daniel,

That should be possible. If your JSM integration is configured under a team, then the heartbeat should be configured under the same team as well. The integration would only trigger on alerts sent to that team.

You'd want to have the outgoing flow of the JSM integration create issues for these types of alerts. Here's a configuration I have that was successful in creating a JSM issue from a heartbeat alert. Both the integration and heartbeat are configured under my Community Team:

hb1.jpghb2.jpg

The JSM integration above is our legacy integration. The idea would be the same with the JSM cloud integration under the Outgoing automation rules section - if you are using this instead:

hb3.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events