Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSD account for Opsgenie integration

ewhite April 20, 2020

Is the best practice for JSD <-> Opsgenie integration to create a dedicated account in JSD for opsgenie to use?  

Is there a downside to using a users credentials for this integration?

Does the JSD account that I use need to be an administrator?

1 answer

2 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2020

Hi @ewhite  - the user that you specify in the integration is Opsgenie will be shown as the "reporter" on the issue in Jira that Opsgenie is created. So it's really up to you, if you want your user to be shown as the reporter for issues that Opsgenie creates, you can use your own user credentials (just make sure you create an api token for your user to use as the password).

Whichever user account you use just needs to have the permissions to create/edit issues on that project. So it's the same concept as if you were creating an issue through the Jira UI.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Samir

ewhite April 21, 2020

I am using Jira Server, so API key is not an option.  I suspect I will have to create a dedicated user for this integration, as actually users have password expiry.  Do you know what the best practice for this is?  Would I need to use a JSD license for this dedicated user?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events