Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to aggregate tags coming from duplicate alerts ?

Elad Nagar May 24, 2021

Hi, 

I am trying to integrate Opsgeine with StatusPage.

i am trying to find a way to update multiple components in the same statuspage incident. instead of opening a new incident for each component. 

in order to aggregate different alerts in opsgeine, i am using opsgeine incident feature -> which creates a responder alert in opsgeine, and i am using that responder alerts to create the incident in statuspage. 

in order to update the status of the components, i am using the alerts tags, which are passed to the opsgeiene incident and then to the responder alert -> which created the status page incident. 

the problem i am facing is, that alerts tags are not aggregated in the opsgeine incident. and the only tags i have are the one from the first alert. 

is there a way to configure opsgeine, to add new tags to the incident ? 

appreciate any help or direction for this issue. 

Thanks in advance 

1 answer

0 votes
Jorge Gomez Rivas June 8, 2021

Hi Elad,

We are facing the same problem. The only way we found to aggregate information from the associated alerts to the owner alert (the one created automatically by the incident) is via webhooks and API. We develop a custom piece of software to receive the webhooks with the creation events and modify the owner alert using the API.

Best regards,

Jorge.

Elad Nagar June 8, 2021

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your answer, 

I tried contacting Atlassian but they said it's not supported. 

so I am, having a hard time understand how can OPSG can be integrated with StatusPage giving they both belong to Atlassian 

is this code available to be shared?

Elad

Jorge Gomez Rivas June 8, 2021

Hi Elad,

I can't share the code because it is too custom and there is a lot of logic from the company. But I can share the documentation that we used:

Hope it helps!

Jorge.

Like Elad Nagar likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events