Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Service Management setup

Kevin Tunstill December 16, 2022

Hi,

I am brand new to Jira and the community. I have recently installed the standard cloud version of Service Management in the hope of setting up an IT Service Management project. This is the only project that I require and would ask if anyone can help me with the setup of this.

I have looked around and I am finding it very difficult to navigate. I also cannot find a way to integrate this with my Azure AD or Office 365 so that I can import the users that way.

Any help that can be provided would be very much appreciated. If anyone has a video that they have made from scratch, that would be extremely useful and I could follow it.

Thank you

Kevin

2 answers

1 vote
Rosa M Fossi December 19, 2022

Hi Kevin,

As Vendant mentioned, connecting to AD or Google Workspace requires Atlassian Access.  

As far as setting up getting your Service Desk / Service Management all setup, there's no doubt that it can be an overwhelming task... but I do recommend you take time to look at their Service Request "get started" doc.  I'll also add a little walk-through video by Derek Fields below that might help.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/product-guide/getting-started/service-request-management

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km2YmWvbIwk 

1 vote
Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2022

Hello @Kevin Tunstill , Welcome to Atlassian Community.

You cannot integrate your AD users using Jira Service Management. You would need to subscribe to Atlassian Access, which is an identity and access management product. The following links can help to start with. You can subscribe to a 30-day trial as well.

Atlassian Access | Security & SSO for Jira, Confluence, Etc.

Understand Atlassian Access | Atlassian Support

Understand user provisioning | Atlassian Support

Control how users get access to products | Atlassian Support

Please elaborate on your use case to help you for JSM in the right direction.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events