Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set priority in AWS SNS

Jose_Martin June 16, 2020

Hello, I would like to know how it is possible to set the priority using message's attribute in Opsgenie through the integration with AWS through SNS.

I have tried the following code:

"MessageAttributes": {
"teams": {"Type": "String", "Value": "TeamA"},
"alias": {"Type": "String", "Value": "myAlias"},
"eventType": {"Type": "String", "Value": "create"},
"priority": {"Type": "String", "Value": "P1"},
"tags": {"Type": "String", "Value": "RDS"}
}
All the fields work except the priority one that assigns always P3 by default or not found mapping value, any idea?

I checked out documentation but nothing useful :(

Thank u

2 answers

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2022

Related more in depth article on how this can be done as well:

How to Map Alert Priorities in Opsgenie

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2020

Hi @Jose_Martin ,

Thanks for reaching out. This similar community post may help with your issue: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Mapping-alert-values-from-Solarwinds/qaq-p/1327612

^ Although related to Solarwinds, the concept is the same. AWS's priority might vary from Opsgenie's so it will not map 1-to-1.

Depending on which field (like the Subject, AlarmDescription, etc.) the AWS priority is being parsed in, multiple Create Alert actions can be added to the integration that filter on this -> then map to the corresponding Opsgenie priority.

Example:

comm1.1.jpgcomm1.2.jpg

If you have any additional details, screenshots, examples, etc. of your AWS alerts defaulting to P3s, I could provide some more suggestions. Let us know, or if this helps!

Best,

Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events