Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping alert values from Solarwinds

Scott Wright March 18, 2020

I'm using the Solarwinds integration, but alerts are defaulting to P3 since severity in solarwinds does not match priority in Opsgenie.  The Mapped priority Value documentation is a little vague.  I want to map Sev Critical to P1, Sev Serious to P2, Sev  Warning to P3.  How do I set this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2020

Hi Scott,

Like you mentioned, Solarwind severities typically do not match to Opsgenie priorities out-of-the-box. So we see most customers mapping Severity -> Priority on the integration level.

Under the Advanced section of the integration, you can filter on the data being sent from SW (such as the severity) and map to the corresponding priority:

priority 1.jpgpriority 2.jpgpriority 3.jpg

In my screenshots I built out your 3 severities (Critical = P1, Serious = P2, and Warning = P3).

It's important to note most of Opsgenie follows an order of operations -> meaning Opsgenie will try matching to the top action/filter and if no conditions are met, look at the following action/filter(s), etc.

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns about this configuration! 

Scott Wright March 20, 2020

That's exactly what I ended up doing.  I was hoping to keep it down to one profile with mapping, but couldn't figure it out.  Thanks for your post.  I'm sure I won't be the first one to have this question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events