Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send notification when alert deduplication kicks in?

Lukasz Kaminski May 14, 2020

Hi,

I was not able to find solution here.

How can I set up notifications to all in escalation policy each time the alert deduplication count is increased?

Thanks,

Lukasz

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2020

Hi @Lukasz Kaminski ,

"Alert de-duplication is one of the key features that Opsgenie provides to help reducing the number of alerts and to prevent alert fatigue. Because monitoring systems can be quite 'chatty' by sending many events for the same problem and having to manage many alerts that were raised for the same or relevant source, de-duplication becomes crucial for many cases" - https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/alert-deduplication

So to have notifications send each time an alert deduplicates would essentially go against this core practice. It is not currently possible to adjust this either; have deduplication notify each time the alert increases in count.

The only work around would be having a new alert created vs. deduplicating the alert. Since deduplication is dependent on the alias field of the alert, you'd need to adjust what data parses in the alias field - which can be done on the integration level under the advanced tab.

Please let us know if you have any other questions around this or in general.

Best,

Nick

Lukasz Kaminski May 25, 2020

It answers my question, thanks a lot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events