cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create more than 1 notification rule

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

Dear all,

From my email integration, I would like to test on my trial standard instance the possibility to configured different notification path based on priortity level.

For exemple :

• if priority is P1 => mobile notification
  • if priority is P3 => only email notification

From my user interface in notification rule, I do not see how can I configure that rule as I can add only 1.

Any idea ?

regards

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

Hi @serge calderara ,

Only one Notification Rule is available to set per type for Essentials or JSM Standard plans.

Otherwise you'd be able to add multiple notification rules here:

notcomm1.jpg

As well be able to configure when and how to receive notifications for which types of alerts such as:

• if priority is P1 => mobile notification
  • if priority is P3 => only email notification
serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

Hello @Nick H , thanks for your information

Honestly I do not really understand why there are so many limitation on evaluation of opsgenie on a given JSM plan.
With the basic feature in place, we are definitely not able to evalutate correctly the tool.

Logically would be to evaluate all feature and when we decide to go we select the plan. The opposite is not so logic :-(

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

The limitation is due to your current JSM plan. Opsgenie is included with all JSM plans on-top of what JSM plan you're current subscribed to:

• JSM Standard ~ Opsgenie Essentials
  • JSM Premium ~ Opsgenie Enterprise

For testing functionality of other Opsgenie plans, you have two options.

1) Open a ticket with Opsgenie support here: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/

We could break the plan off from JSM, make it a standalone Opsgenie account, then upgrade the trial and extend the date out for a PoC. 

2) Open a new standalone Opsgenie trial. This would be my suggestion. We could then upgrade the trial and extend the date out for a PoC.

Nick H
Atlassian Team
April 20, 2021

Here's the pricing / plan structure for each plan to compare as well:

JSM: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/pricing

Opsgenie: https://www.atlassian.com/software/opsgenie/pricing

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2021

Hello @Nick H , if we go to option 2 :

Q1 : How integration with Jira cloud will be, still as it is now ? transparent ?

Q2 : Does the new Opsgenie trial account date can be align to our current Jira cloud trial as January 2021 ?

regards 

Nick H
Atlassian Team
April 20, 2021

1) Yes - the integration with Jira cloud is the same.

2) January 2021 has already passed. If you are asking about January 2022, that is not gonna be possible. We could extend your trial out an additional 2 weeks. If you need a longer extension you'd have to speak with a sales rep.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events