Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we change the notification to be a phone cal in the Opsgenie app?

Adi Kuperman May 3, 2023

Hey

I opened a test alert and test the escalation,  all on-calls installed the app and got the notification, but the notification sounds like a new message alert, even if I'm changing the sounds still most of the people said this short sound will not wake them up in the middle of the night, what other options we have here? 

Eventually we need this tool to wake people up in the middle of the night if we have an emergency 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Lewis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2023

A few things need to happen to achieve this: 

1. On-call users need to enter their voice phone number in the OpsGenie UI under settings>notifications. It will also need to be verified in OpsGenie. 
  2. Users will need to ensure they flag their notification preferences to use voice as a notification method. 
  3. They should download the Opsgenie contact vCard from https://opsgeniedownloads.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/voice-sms-notifications/Opsgenie_vCard.vcf so they can save the contacts in case they have special notification settings on their device where the call will go through overnight. Note that OpsGenie has different numbers based on region and sometimes flag as "Spam" or "unknown caller" if this contact card is not saved to the mobile device. 

Notifications.pngVoice Notifications.png

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events