cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I re-page the on-call if an alert is not closed in an hour

John Alan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2022

Alerts come to our team and run thru an escalation path that includes leadership.  If an alert is ACK'd but not CLOSED in an hour I'd like to re-page the on-call person who ACK'd it.

Currently, it keeps skipping the on-call as "ACK'd/SEEN".

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2022

Hi @John Alan ,

Closest thing to that functionality would be to repeat the escalation, and revert the ack'd / seen states when it repeats:

esc1.jpg

Note that the repeat functionality of an escalation is NOT included in the Free and Essentials plans.

Otherwise, you could also consider a notification policy that auto-restarts notifications, but these are also NOT included in the Free and Essentials plans.

It wouldn't make sense to have both an escalation repeat and a notification policy auto-restart, so we typically only recommend using one since they are similar in functionality.

We do have a feature request to avoid the "seen" state, and continue notifying users which you can follow, watch and vote for here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-711

John Alan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2022

Really appreciate the quick response.  I used my personal free account to make the ask but the issue is within our corporate instance.

The `Notification Policy` did exactly what we needed.  It re-calls the on-call at one hour and then me at 75 minutes if any alert has not been closed (even if ACKd) by then.

Perfect!  My thanks!

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events