Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I ack opsgenie alert by changing status in Jira Service Desk from Open to another one?

Alexander Borisov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2019

Nothing more.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2019

Hi @Alexander Borisov - this can be done by configuring the "Acknowledge Alert" action on the Jira Service Desk integration in Ospgenie. You can specify a filter, so that when Opsgenie receives a certain status for a certain JSD ticket, it will acknowledge the corresponding alert in Opsgenie. Here's an example:

jsdack.png

So in this case, when Opsgenie receives Status of In Progress from JSD, it will ack the corresponding alert in Opsgenie. These Alert actions are processed top-down, so you will want to make sure that whichever status you are changing the ticket to in JSD, won't match the filters on the Create Alert or Close Alert actions.

Feel free to reach out to support either through in-app chat, or by submitting a ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/ and we can assist with setting it up!

Tomáš Vojvoda May 28, 2021

@Samir Hello, I do not have this option in OpsGenie. Does it work differently now that Service desk has been changed to Service Management maybe?

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2021

Hi @Tomáš Vojvoda - no, the functionality has not changed. You probably don't have the option due to the plan you are on. 

If you're on the Opsgenie Standalone Free, or Essentials plan, or the JSM Standard plan, you would not have access to these "Advanced" Views of integrations.

Like Tomáš Vojvoda likes this
Tomáš Vojvoda May 28, 2021

Yes, we have standard. OK, now I see, thanks for the info!

Dietrich Lehr December 28, 2021

this didn't work for me. We do have the 2 way integration setup between JSM and OG to where closing in either system closes in the other. If i close a JSM ticket, it closes the OG alert. If I close the OG alert, it closes the JSM ticket.

However I cannot get the status category change to ack the OG alert

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events