Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email content pasting as plain text in Opsgenie alert

Kundan Bonde September 16, 2024

Hi community,
I have done emailed integration in my Opsgenie and I am aware that the {{message}} field in Opsgenie treats the email content as plain text. But there's tabular data in my email content which gets pasted as plain text with each attribute on new line and is difficult to read. Is there a way we can retain the table in the email received as is and send it further to JSM?

Or do we need any intermediate processing? For e.g below is a table in my email 

{A4740D03-8CA5-44EC-868A-7DB412F43AA2}.png

but when alert is created, the description of alert looks like this:

[column1]
[column2]
[column3]

1 answer

0 votes
Tejaswi G
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2024

Hi @Kundan Bonde

This is Tejaswi from Atlassian Team and here to help :) 

Unfortunately, We don't have a option to parse the email integration description HTML text and it will be displayed as a plan text in Opsgenie. We already have an FR OPSGENIE-1551 for this request. 

You can add yourself as a watcher to receive the status update this feature request. 

Kind Regards,
Tejaswi

Kundan Bonde October 2, 2024

Hi @Tejaswi G ,
Thank you for the reply I saw this suggestion already. can you suggest if there is a way I can include link to the html attachment of the email body in the alert description so we can view the data from there.

Thanks,
Kundan

Tejaswi G
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2024

Hi @Kundan Bonde

Thank you for getting back to us. Can you please log a ticket with us at https://support.atlassian.com/contact so that we can understand your complete use case and check if there are any workaround for yours.

Kind Regards,
Tejaswi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events