Email Integration | Can I create multiple email addresses linking to same integration?

shlomo.neiman August 1, 2022

On Email integration, I can choose an Email Address under my organization's opsgenie.net domain that, when emails are sent to it, creates an alert based on policies I configure in the integration. 

Can I create more than one email address for this? 

Any workaround to do this besides duplicating the whole integration?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2022

Hi @shlomo.neiman ,

An Email integration can only have one address per integration at this time.

Depending on your plan (Standard and Enterprise), you can configure multiple create alert actions under the integration's Advanced tab that manage alert fields depending on - for example - if the from address is a certain domain:

email1.jpgemail2.jpgemail3.jpg

With this configuration you could easy filter on the Source field to run reports in the Analytics tab, or queries in the Alerts tab depending on the emails / alerts.

Hmm, is there a way to duplicate an integration with all its configurations? 

We have use case where we want separate email addresses linking to the same set of alert rules. 

Thanks 

Actually, Nick. 

Reading the docs on rate limits, it looks it won't help us anyway. (I assumed having a different email address would duplicate total number of emails we can receive before hitting rate limit 😅) 

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events