cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting between Opsgenie rotation to a slack on-call tag

jonathan_geva
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 19, 2024

Hi,

I have a slack tag of on-call (jon-on-call).

I am trying to integrate between this tag, and the rotation of the Opsgenie on-call, where:

1. When an on-call is being changed in Opsgenie - update the slack tag with the new person.

2. Admins will always be included on this tag.

How can I do so?

I integrated Slack with Opsgenie but without success :\

Will appreciate some help here :)

1 answer

0 votes
Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2024

Hey Jonathan,

Though it is not a direct feature built-in that allows you to sync the on-call person with a Slack tag, there is a genie command: /genie whoisoncall that allows a Slack user to see who is on-call for each schedule in Opsgenie.

However, that may not exactly fit what you are trying to achieve, so currently that is only possible through customization - specifically, you would need to programmatically interact with the Opsgenie schedule and rotation APIs to pull down on-call users and automate a request to Slack to either update user groups or post a message including the on-call users presently or in the future.

We have a feature suggestion ticket for this that you can track and vote on via: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-573 

Best regards,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events