Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Opsgenie to Jira Automation rules with Terraform

Azunna.Ikonne October 28, 2021

Hi All, I am trying to create an Opsgenie -> Jira integration via terraform and i was wondering if it is possible to configure these automation rules with terraform as it's shown on the console. I have checked the terraform documentation but i can't seem to find anything that covers this.

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 10.58.52.png

1 answer

1 vote
Justin Sitarz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2021

Hi Azunna, 

Justin here, from Opsgenie support - happy to help!

At the moment, it's not possible to configure these outbound integration actions through Terraform. However, I have raised up a feature request with our engineering team to expand the functionality of our provider to allow for this - hopefully it's something we can add in the future! For reference, that feature request ID is: OGS-4321. If you ever would like an update on that request status, please do feel free to reach out to us in support.

Please let me know if you have any other questions - thanks!

Justin S.

Atlassian Cloud Support

Azunna.Ikonne November 1, 2021

Thanks a lot! Will be looking forward to it.

Justin Sitarz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2021

Hi Azumma, 

Me too! Hoping it's something we can add in the near future :)

In the meantime, is there anything else I can help with?

Best, 

Justin S.

Atlassian Cloud Support

Azunna.Ikonne November 4, 2021

In addition to the request above,

1. It would be nice to also have support for the jira integration action filters on terraform.

2. When i try to register a webhook on jira via the api, it never takes my jqlfilters. It only returns an empty value for "issue-related-events-section".

See: https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/creating-jira-webhooks-jqlfilter-not-working-as-expected/38437/3 

It's the same error i am experiencing.

Justin Sitarz
Atlassian Team
November 5, 2021

Hi Azunna!

For item one - are you referring to the outbound alert filter (which determines which alerts are sent to Jira):

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 8.11.32 AM.png

Or the filters for inbound requests, to trigger alert actions (i.e. Create, Ack, Close, etc.):

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 8.11.47 AM.png

For item two - I do see this bug ticket that deals with some possibly incorrect information in our webhook API documentation:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67911

Though I have not tested and confirmed - it may be worthwhile to reach out to Jira support directly to get their input on the matter.

But, let me know about the first questions, and I can either let you know if it's possible with Terraform, or I can add it to our existing feature request. 

Thanks!

Justin S.

Atlassian Cloud Support

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Azunna.Ikonne November 5, 2021

Hi Justin,

Yes for item one i am referring to the options to send alert updates back to jira and to also create issues for Opsgenie alerts.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 14.32.16.png

In addition to that, i noticed that the Opsgenie alert filter field types are only supported for API and Email Integrations which means you have to manually configure filters for other integration types, so it would be nice to have that for other integration types. It would also be great to be able to have terraform support for it as well.

On the jira issue, i have tested what you shared and it works. Seems like the documentation needs to be corrected. 

Thank you.

Justin Sitarz
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2021

Hi Azunna, 

Ah, yes - it would be nice to support configuring those through Terraform - I agree! This request is covered in the feature suggestion I submitted earlier this week (OGS-4321). Hopefully it's something we can add in the future!

As for the second item - glad that worked! I'll let the Jira team know that they need to update their documentation, as well. 

Is there anything else I can help with at the moment?

Best, 

Justin S.

Atlassian Cloud Support

Azunna.Ikonne November 9, 2021

Nothing else, thank you.

Justin Sitarz
Atlassian Team
November 10, 2021

Azunna, 

Awesome! If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask here, or to reach out to us via the in-app chat in Opsgenie. Have a good one!

Justin S.

Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events