cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Opsgenie via Org admin account

Seppe Daems _admin account_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 22, 2024

I am working with an account that has the "Organization Admin" role, but i cannot access Ops Genie at all - any attempt just redirects to https://environment.app.eu.opsgenie.com/auth/login?type=sso, which then prompts for a password that that i don't have because we're using SSO.

Anyone that experienced the same issue and got it resolved?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2024

Hi, @Seppe Daems _admin account_. Welcome to the community 👋

Can you explain what you mean by "an account?" Is this an external account (aka customer) that you work with, or a login that you use on a system within your own organization?

If it's the former, I think you'll have to seek out their SSO administrator to sort this out. If it's the latter, do you have an SSO administrator on the team? Have you checked with them?

Best,

-dave

Seppe Daems _admin account_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 22, 2024

Hey @Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ , It is my account that has been granted the Org admin role and is provisioned via Entra ID in my own organization. I am the SSO administrator but i guess i'm missing permission (not owner?) I'm not even sure how to determine what the current 'owner' account is. Any tips would be appreciated on how to find the current owner account as i think this is causing the issue.

Like Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ likes this
Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2024

Got it. Sadly, I'm not an expert in this area. Maybe someone else may speak up.

In the meantime, my suggestion is to start here:

Manage user accounts and single sign-on (SSO) in Opsgenie

If that doesn't help and this is urgent, open a support ticket with Atlassian.

Best,

-dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events