Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add jira service management issue link in opsgenie alert when alert is created from opsgenie

Josef Israelsson February 2, 2021

Hi, 

I've set up an integration between Opsgenie and Jira Service Management which works fine. Our process is that alerts are created in Opsgenie, where after a corresponding issue is created in Jira Service Management. We don't want alerts in Opsgenie created by Service Management. So, this far all is ok. 

But when an alert is created in Opsgenie, we'd like the link to the issue in Jira Service Management to be added in the alert details. For example under the "Extra properties" section, or even better under the "Jira Service Management requests" section. But I can't find where or how to configure this. I can see in the log when an issue is created in Jira from an Opsgenie alert, that the issue-key is sent back to Opsgenie and is displayed under "Extra properties". But that is only as a variable, we'd like it to be a clickable link back to the Jira issue. 

So the question is: when a Jira Service Management issue is created from Opsgenie via the Jira Service Management integration, is it possible to automatically add the link to the created Jira issue in the Opsgenie alert details, and if so, how?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katarzyna Różycka February 3, 2021

This is not available currently, here's the answer i got form the support : 

Understand that you would like to have the integration to automatically add the URL link to both ends for easy direction.

Unfortunately, this is not feasible in the current design and I have added your business name to the existing feature requests, OGS-476 and HEIMDALL-4795.

Unfortunately, there is no way to see the list nor vote for the feature requests they have in the queue so there is no progress tracking whatsoever. 

Josef Israelsson February 3, 2021

Ok, thanks for your quick reply!

Michael Engelsen March 2, 2021

@Katarzyna Różycka Is there a way for other (individuals or organizations) to +1 this feature request?

Like Miriam Hopton likes this
Steve Fournier January 26, 2022

We would also like that features....

Lina Massarwa March 6, 2022

We also would like this feature

Deleted user October 5, 2022

I would also like this feature.

Miriam Hopton February 17, 2023

I would also like this feature and details. I'm still shocked how this is not already there? you can link the JSM ticket in Ops Genie but no way to do the other way and also link easily. 

Even if the JSM is linked in OpsGenie, it doesnt show in the JSM issue view. WEIRD.

1 vote
Rosa M Fossi August 15, 2021

I'm glad I found this thread...  I thought I was missing a config step somewhere.

@Liron  Any updates on this "in the works"? Is there a ticket we can follow or upvote? 

1 vote
Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2021

Thanks for this question Josef.

Not sure if this is working backwards, but what you could potentially do is have the Opsgenie alerts create an Opsgenie incident, and then link the Opsgenie incident to a JSM incident, which is possible. (for JSM incidents within the new ITSM project type).

Could this be useful? 

Liron

Josef Israelsson February 5, 2021

Hi Liron, 

thanks for your reply. I think that's a bit overkill and will complicate things. Easiest would be to just use the Issue-key from JSM to create a link in the Opsgenie alert, especially since the Issue-key actually already is sent back to Opsgenie in the current version, just that it's not possible to access it and create a link from it. 

It would have been great to be able to create a trigger for a webhook event when the Issue-key is sent back from JSM, and create a "URL: https://companyname.atlassian.net/path_to_Jira_project/{{key}}" under Extra Properties in the Opsgenie alert. 

Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2021

Makes sense. I've reached out to the team working on this and I believe this is in the works! So good news.

Thanks again,

Liron

Nikita Shrestha July 12, 2021

@Liron Just a quick question. When we are trying to create a jira issue from opsgenie alert automatically, can we have the link of the ticket attacheed to the alert at the time of creation automatically?

Like Jan Lukany likes this
Deleted user October 5, 2022

@liron Any updates on this? I'd like to be able to associate a confluence link (or any web url) with an alert.

Like Miriam Hopton likes this
Rosa M Fossi October 12, 2022

@[deleted]  Howdy & Welcome to the Community! 👋🏼

I do not believe there are any official updates for this; but I also think your inquiry for linking Confluence URL (or any url) is slightly different than what we're discussing in this thread... I'm making an assumption here, but it sounds like you would like the "from OpsGenie to JSM" integration (which creates an issue in JSM) to include an URL.

Potential workaround for that scenario: include a link in the Alert Message on the OpsGenie side, and you would indeed have the URL in the description of the opsgenie-generated ticket. 

If I'm off the mark, let me know. We'll try to help if we can 😄

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events