Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New! A simplified integration setup experience (UI update)

Hey Opsgenie Community! :wave:

We’re excited to announce an improved integration setup experience began rolling out to all Opsgenie and Jira Service Management cloud customers on Sep 14, 2023.

This new UI was heavily influenced by key feedback from our beloved customers, community members, and Atlassians who use Opsgenie to do their jobs, every day. So thank you!

This new integration framework includes a new onboarding wizard, simplified setup and configuration, and a uniform experience across all integrations.

Here are some of the updates that you can expect to see in your own instance when the updated UI begins to roll out to all cloud customers on Sep 14, 2023.

A new onboarding wizard

Helpful context and directions for each step in the setup and configuration process.

edit_alert_rule.png

Clear steps for setup and configuration

Setup and configuration are now two distinct steps. Complete the setup first, and then focus your attention on configurations and rule customizations.

setup.gif

Clarity when configuring and editing integration rules

Advanced incoming and outgoing rules are now easier to find and customize right on the main configuration screen. And the rule editing wizard has a simplified design.

Configandedit.gif

More context and support when you need it

We’ve added helpful context and support document links to each step in the process, giving you the help you need to understand each step and complete it.

enhanced_support.gif

Support documentation where you can learn more about the new UI changes:

As this new integration experience rolls out and you have a chance to try it, please let us know any feedback that you have by leaving a comment below and we’ll be sure to reply back!

15 comments

Gomez_ Daniel September 7, 2023

Is this rolling out for the free and standard versions or just premium?

Wasim Akram
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 7, 2023

It is crucial that monitoring, alerting, and ticketing tools prioritize the display of the most critical issues at the top of the queue. Currently, Opsgenie offers a view that displays 25 alerts at a time. However, if you have an alert ranked as P1 (#26), it remains unseen while you are still addressing P3 and P2 alerts from the initial list of 25. The absence of a priority sorting option in Opsgenie is a fundamental feature that is sorely missed. This gap leads to significant overhead in the process of creating tickets in JSM for Opsgenie alerts, hindering effective alert management.

Like # people like this
Frank Hess September 7, 2023

Comment from @Wasim Akram is absolutely correct and even worse auto-refresh is still missing https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-346

Like # people like this
Oleksandr K_ September 8, 2023

Don't have issue with seeing critical alerts, mobile app has dashboard to show counters, and of course you can create filter for P1s

Like # people like this
Shaun Pinney
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2023

@Gomez_ Daniel this is rolling out to all users on all plans including Free 

Like Gomez_ Daniel likes this
Howard Nedd September 8, 2023

Please solve the bug in OG/JSM. every single incident generates a responder alert even when the responder toggle is switched off in a JSM project.

Like Wasim Akram likes this
이진우_Jinwoo Lee_ September 24, 2023

Have these new features been deployed? I've been observing since September 14th, and there hasn't been any change, at least on my site.

Shaun Pinney
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2023

@이진우_Jinwoo Lee_ please provide your Jira Serice Management site name and we can look into it for you. We have a large release coming this Wed so I expect it will be in your instance soon, if not already in there 

Jugal_Shroff September 25, 2023

After new changes my automation of Integrtaion action creation is not working through API.

이진우_Jinwoo Lee_ September 25, 2023

@Shaun Pinney Hi Shaun, I am using a standalone instance of Opsgenie, not the JSM Cloud product. Is Opsgenie being pushed back on updates?

Shaun Pinney
Atlassian Team
September 26, 2023

@Jugal_Shroff We tried to reproduce this issue and could not. Can you give us more details about how you got this error?

Shaun Pinney
Atlassian Team
September 26, 2023

@이진우_Jinwoo Lee_ All Opsgenie and Jira Service Management cloud customers will receive the updated integration UI, it might just be taking more time to reach your instance. What is your Opsgenie instance URL?

Joseph Sitton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 27, 2023

I am unable to find the "advanced" section for the integrations anymore. Where is it?

edit: nevermind 🤦🏻‍♂️guess its built in to the "inbound" rules now

Cody Roemen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 3, 2023

I lose functionality after closing a popup window in the integration page. For instance, I open a New Rule window (+ Add Rule) then cancel or save it and I cannot click any other link/rule to open them until I refresh the page. 
Is there an Old View query line available?  

Paul Logston
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 9, 2023

I've lost or do not have the ability to:

1. Change the rule type after a rule has been created.

2. Change rule filter args (eg. Tag -> Alias) without the value being cleared.

3. Delete rules once created.

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 12.22.45 PM.png

I don't think this is a permissions issue as I would not have the ability to see the "edit" or integration API key if I didn't have correct permissions; and I do see those.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events