It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

OpsGenie Comments on Jira Service Desk - Internal Comments

Hi,

I've just added OpsGenie to a Jira Cloud Service Desk. Our service desk is I would like OpsGenie to comment on a ticket when it is acknowledged but I would like the comment to be internal only. 

Is this possible or on a future roadmap?

Regards,

Oliver

1 comment

Hi Oliver! At the moment this is not possible (with the built-in Jira Service Desk integration), but we do have this functionality in the plans for future development. At the moment, your other option would be to use our Opsgenie Edge Connector application, which allows for you to trigger your own customizable scripts from an alert in Opsgenie. With that, you could in theory then add comments both publicly and privately in Jira, based off of some conditions in the alert itself. 

That's a general, rough outline of how this could potentially work, but if you'd like to take a deeper dive into how it might work for your particular needs, please feel free to open up a chat with us from the chat bubble in the bottom right-hand corner of your Opsgenie account. And, do also feel free to follow up with any further questions you have here, as well. Thanks!

Justin

Thanks Justin - I'll take a look at that though it does give me something to have to manage in between OpsGenie and Jira (both in the cloud).

Appreciate the fast response. I hope the roadmap for this feature is fairly soon. I've hit a number of issues in OG/JSD that I wasn't expecting. I think the integration leaves something to be desired given this is an Atlassian on Atlassian solution. I've done similar integrations with ServiceNow, both with PagerDuty and OpsGenie and both were more fully featured OOTB.

I made this more general comment here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-Discussions/OpsGenie-and-Jira-Service-Desk-Integration-Thoughts-Feedback/td-p/1392253

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Enhanced Incident Response from Opsgenie’s Mobile App

We’ve released a new version of the Opsgenie Mobile App that includes enhancements already introduced into the web app to empower a collaborative, transparent incident management process. To enjoy th...

319 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you