Hello there friendly community! I'm currently working on a guide for folks who are new to Incident Management, or want to improve their current Incident Management process.
I'd love to see if you have any nuggets of wisdom to share that I might be able to include in the guide. Your advice would be attributed to you in the form of a quote, even alongside your photo if you like!
The goal is provide modern IT teams who are looking to start or improve upon an incident management process.
The whole, detailed story
If you have something to share, please share it below. If you need ideas, feel free to pick one or two of the below questions or themes to focus on!
1. While defining your incident management process, what were some key learnings? What worked/what didn’t?
2. How did you define what constituted an incident versus a notification? Did you find these definitions needed to be fine-tuned over time?
3. How did you define SLAs for different kinds of incidents?
4. How did you assign incident response roles to your team?
5. How did you choose what your “war room” or “command center” would be? (I.e. why did you choose slack versus a phone bridge, etc.)
6. What were the best methods for communicating with stakeholders about incident status? What were the worst?
7. How did you keep responders motivated especially during the postmortem process?
8. How did you report back to C-level stakeholders about the incident response and postmortem process?
9. Overall, what advice would you give to folks just starting an Incident Management process?
I'll ask you to proof and approve your quote before we publish the guide. All participants will receive a special thank you gift for your participation!
Looking forward to hearing from you!
In the past, managing IT infrastructure was a hard job. It required a lot of manual effort and it was hard to keep track of all the necessary information (monitoring, scalability etc). Thankfully, as...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events