Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I confirm new email address?

Thomas Messier April 3, 2019

I went to my Atlassian manage profile page and changed my email address. The page now says this:

Update pending verification
We just need you to check your email xyz@xyz.com and confirm your password to verify it’s you and complete the update.

I do get an email, but there's no link or button I can use to confirm. Email looks like this:

You recently changed your email address in your Atlassian account. To confirm the change please check xyz@xyz.com to verify it's really you and complete the update.

Cheers,
The Atlassians

Didn't request this change?
If you didn't request to change your email, let us know immediately.

4 answers

1 vote
Milenko Maletić August 7, 2021

This is an really bad UX. I changed email, get email from Atlassian with button "verify email", click button and I was redirected to page where I got info "enter password"...

I logically entered pass for my gmail account, also for new email google account etc... but everything results in "inccorect password"

Could you be so kind to give more information, which password you expecting on verify email link?!

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2021

Hi @Milenko Maletić , 

Atlassian accounts maintain a separate password from your Google account. You can use "Continue with Google" on the login screen to use a social sign-on (Apple, Microsoft, and Slack are the other login providers currently).

Without seeing the screen you're referring to, I'd assume it's an Atlassian page (Atlassian logo at the top/bottom), asking you to enter the password for your Atlassian account. If you've lost that password, you can reset it here: https://id.atlassian.com/login/resetpassword 

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Milenko Maletić August 7, 2021

Thanks  for answer, but it did not help. 

JIRA.JPG

I got on account1@mail.com my test Jira environment. I changed email to account2@mail.com and it is pending... 

I verified link I received on account2@mail.com and received that "password thing".

On confirm emal change page I entered atlassian password for account2@mail.com but still got inccorect password. 

I can log in to atlassian with account2@mail.com and that password.

But I don't want to create new Jira, Confluence environment with account2@mail.com.

I just want to SIMPLY change account1@mail.com to account2@mail.com.

Why are you making extremely simple things so complicated?

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2021

Hi @Milenko Maletić ,

Thank you for explaining with more detail, and I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble. I think I understand what the situation is.

It sounds like there may be Atlassian accounts associated with both email addresses. For example if you enter account2 into the password reset page and receive a password reset email, that would indicate there is a second Atlassian account.

Currently we cannot merge Atlassian accounts. Only one Atlassian account can be paired with one email address. If you have two Atlassian accounts, they need to be associated with separate emails.

If gmail is you mail provider, you can use aliases to have separate Atlassian accounts deliver mail to the same inbox. In gmail, those work by adding +alias to the end of your email address, before the @ symbol. For example, these addresses would all deliver to the same gmail box (account@gmail.com), but could be separate Atlassian accounts:

account@gmail.com
account+2@gmail.com
account+test@gmail.com

Does that sound more in line with the situation you're trying to solve?

Thanks,

Akos Farkas July 29, 2022

I just faced the same issue:

• I had an Atlassian account with my.name@gmail.com accessing or MyOrg JIRA, with the login being handled by Gmail 
  • Wanted to change the email to my.name@myorg.com to use my company email instead of the personal one, with the company email also managed by Gmail
  • I get the verification to my.name@myorg.com, click it
  • Atlassian asks for a password, but since I log in with Gmail, I don't have a password to give

I managed to resolve the issue by clicking the "Login troubles?" link and send an change password link to my.name@gmail.com. It allowed me to set a password for my personal Atlassian account, which I could use to login (instead of the Gmail login button) and still access the MyOrg stuff. Then I initiated the email change again. 

This time I got the verify email to my.name@myorg.com again, and I was able to use the password I set to log in.

0 votes
Dean Martin August 17, 2019

I'm having the same issue. I'll wait to see if I get a more meaningful email to complete the email address change.

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2019

Hey Thomas,

I'm glad you were able to verify your email address with a link in an email. If you need any more assistance, we're here to help!

Cheers,

ISFH Monitoring May 8, 2019

Hi :)

I want to change my email address, too. My old address also received the message informing me about the requested change, however, my new address has net yet received the confirmation email.

Are there any other steps I can take?

Kind regards,

Christian

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2019

If the new address hasn't received the confirmation message, send me an email with both addresses (old and new) that you're trying to use for your account and we'll confirm that the emails went through. deads at atlassian.com

Rajeswari manikumar March 23, 2021

Hi Daniel, Im having the same issue, where the confirmation email is received but there is nothing to confirm. Please help.

I have retried this many times , but still the email states

0 votes
Thomas Messier April 3, 2019

I suddenly received some additional emails with a link. Kind of confusing, but it did the trick.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events