Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What have you learned from remote working?

This past weekend I had a conversation with a couple of friends about how remote working has changed even the way we live. It brought me thinking maybe the distinguished ladies and gentlemen from this awesome community could share exciting stories about it. Am I wrong? I hope not.

In my case, It has brought many benefits in both my personal and professional life. It has allowed me to work from different places and discover other ways to enhance collaboration with various departments within our company and beyond.

This last point reminded me of this blog post the DEISER's Head of Products, @Leo Diaz _ DEISER, did about the vital team learnings and good practices on how the company has thrived to remain organized and deliver quality work. 

Also, this discussion thread about the six Atlassian Playbook practices is somehow inspiring, and I would recommend passing by. 

All this chit-chat brings me to the relevant point here. What have been your learnings, experiences, and even recommendations on remote working?

I'm all eyes, here. Thank you for reading me until here.

7 comments

Comment

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2021

Remote working is the new normal which gives you flexibility, increased productivity for some, better work/life balance. All this, overall saves some time which we can spend on learning new things. :) 

Like Huwen Arnone _Deiser_ likes this
Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 2, 2021

Would you be up to go back to the office as it used to be @Kishan Sharma? And why? Sorry if those are a lot of questions, I'm curious 🤩

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

:D no problem @Huwen Arnone _Deiser_, for a change yes, I will prefer to go to office for a day or two (biweekly) just to catch up with colleagues and interact with other teams. :)

Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 2, 2021

Thank you! I think that's the best possible (and healthier) approach to it nowadays. Thank you for sharing!! (:

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

Thanks @Huwen Arnone _Deiser_  for this article.

I think we are moving to a world where Remote working is not something new or out of the box but rather part of work. we are moving to a world of hybrid working where there would be a balance between remote working and working from office. 

To be honest, I have seen some challenges with remote working initially but things are now going great with improvisations and collaborations across team accepting this new normal. 

Nuzhath January 3, 2022

From remote working experience, I have learned the value of talking to friends and relatives. With zero in-person interaction with friends and colleagues, it is important to pick up the phone and talk to them - simulate the aisle-chats or the coffee-counter chats online.

Also, discipline is mandatory. We need to do things as usual - take breaks at the correct time, login at the right time.

Like # people like this
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2023

The new normal "remote work gave me time to be with my family more, eat healthy food, focus on physical fitness in the morning time which was previously occupied by daily commute to office.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events