New Team Playbooks - Embracing remote teamwork

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2020

Atlassian release six new team playbooks about embracing remote teamwork.

• My User Manual
  • Project Poster
  • Inclusive Meetings
  • Stand-ups
  • "4Ls" Retrospective
  • Learning Circle

After reviewing the new playbooks we decided to do the 4Ls retrospective as part of our  review process to change things up.  Doing this prior to completing our reviews this month provided different insights that team members were able to use in their reviews with their supervisor.  It was a beneficial activity that we are looking at implementing on each review.

Share how your teams are using the new team playbooks and the benefits they have had using them.

5 comments

Comment

Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2020

We're an Agile shop, so our Daily stand-ups transitioned pretty easily and we try to embrace remote.  We'd be lost without Jira and Confluence right now!

I'm excited to check out some of the other playbook options and see if we can find anything to help us work better.  This remote option has already lasted longer than anyone thought.

Thanks for posting @Brant Schroeder 

Like # people like this
Maggie Soldano June 18, 2020

HUGE fan of the Playbook content. We especially appreciate the Allthethings Prioritization Matrix. We've been using it to help prioritize video development projects. Has anyone figured out a way to execute this remotely? We're coming up on our planning season and want to leverage the method again. 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Maggie Soldano January 8, 2021

We ended up using Boords to do this remotely. While we didn't have the x and y coordinates, we remembered that from last year, and kept it in mind as we plotted our cards. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

@Maggie Soldano - Never heard of Boords; looks cool.

For anyone else with the same challenge, tools like Lucidspark or MURAL also help facilitate group planning sessions remotely.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

I've recommended - and continue to recommend - Atlassian's Team Playbooks to anyone needing a starting point on dealing with various business challenges. Why reinvent the wheel?

In addition to Atlassian's suggestions on how to conduct retrospectives, there are tons of retro templates online. It's most important that teams conduct retrospectives, than how they do so. 

Like # people like this
Becky Rubenstein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2020

@Dave Liao is there a Retro template you really like out there?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

@Becky Rubenstein - I don't have any personal favorites.

Like I mentioned to Deepanshu below, I prefer retrospective formats that encourage an improvement mindset, instead of griping. 😅

Like Becky Rubenstein likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2020

I have found "4Ls Retrospective" to be really helpful.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2020

@Deepanshu Natani - Oh wow, I haven't conducted a 4Ls retro in years! Good suggestion. I love (the 5th "L") that this retro states "Lacked" instead of "Bad", which tends to push teams to suggest improvements instead of complaints.

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2020

@Dave LiaoDo share your experience

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2020

Sure!

I prefer retrospective formats that encourage positive, constructive feedback, like the 4Ls. Certain retro formats are more open, which is appropriate when there's no limit to ideas that can be presented AND if a team is very comfortable with each other. 😄

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Veronique DUFOUR January 11, 2021

Thanks! I will check those playbooks.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events