🏸 Atlympic Event: Community!

Announcement @2x (1).png

Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! badges! fun!) please read more and sign up on this post.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...

We are pleased to present the Community Atlympic Event (meta, right?!): 

By enrolling in the Atlympics, you have also been enrolled in the Community Kudos beta program! There are lots of ways to earn kudos; just click the kudos dropdown next to your avatar to see the challenges available to you.

The Community members with the most overall points in the Kudos program between now (July 23rd) and August 8th will claim podium spots in this challenge!

Any questions? Join the dedicated group where you can find tips, advice, and updates.

Example of the kudos dropdown:

bridgiekudos.png

31 comments

Comment

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

This is Awesome :

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 23, 2021

rowing.gif

Go get those kudos! 

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2021

good that it is for points in the Kudos program between now (July 23rd) and August 8th

otherwise, we would have a winner with the 105k kudos

Like # people like this
Danny Clarke July 25, 2021

Great!

giphy-4 — копия.gif

Like # people like this
Rafaela Orlando July 26, 2021

giphy

Like Bridget likes this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2021

Very exciting 😄

Like Bridget likes this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2021

:D Can't wait to earn some kudos!

Like Bridget likes this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2021

I really like this new functionality and the new badges and challanges that come with it. I'm getting super excited and I also really like that we can give kudos to others.

There's just one thing that I find a little intimidating... the Leaderboard. Instead of showing the global champion wouldn't it be great to see a monthly (or weekly) leaderboard. Or maybe this can be added? For a person who just got enrolled I find this leaderboard a little disheartening.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 2, 2021

@Svenja Lorenzen you are right! And we are going to be doing a quarterly rolling leaderboard! It just hasn't started yet. ;) 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 2, 2021

We are one week into the Atlympics and I wanted to post a leaderboard! Remember the Top 3 will win medals. 🎉

Top 5 (Members)

1. @Svenja Lorenzen 

2. @Suvradip Paul 

3.  @Alexander Pappert 

4. @Paloma Fondon Araujo 

5. @Vikrant Yadav 

Top 5 (Leaders)

1. @Hana Kučerová 

2. @Jack Brickey 

3. @G subramanyam 

4. @Liam Green 

5. @Daniel Ebers 

Top 5 (Atlassians)

1. @Daniel Eads 

2. @Angélica Luz 

3. @Christine P_ Dela Rosa 

4. @Andy Heinzer 

5. @BiancaE 

Congratulations to everyone! Remember, it's anyone's game :) 

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Thank you so much @Monique vdB , I'm glad to see my name in the leader board as on date and need to buckle my shoes to stay in the ranking.

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2021

@Monique vdB 

what kudos points count?

• from achievments
  • from other users (let's maybe call this "doping")
Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2021

@Monique vdB  -  Glad to see my name in the list. Thanks.

@Alexander Pappert - Thanks for raising the question. Do you mean challenges as achievements? What do you mean by others ('Doping' sounds really harsh and should be against the Atlympics spirit)?

Like Monique vdB likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2021

@Suvradip Paul 

with "doping", I mean the kudos sent from user to user (when you post something good, or just for fun)

To clarify my question a bit:

When I look at the Top5

• 3 have < 4k kudos
  • 1 <8k kudos
  • I am the only one with now >20k (think it was 19k when event started)

This means, you have a lot more open challenges to get kudos, so I need the "doping"   ;)

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB Thank you for the leaderboard you posted earlier, and congratulations to the top 5 members. I had a question specifically about Members category - the counting is only for the users who have "MEMBER" tag attached to their name ? or any new member (not having "MEMBER" tag) who have registered for Atlympics are also included? 

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2021

Thanks for the update @Monique vdB - its given me the push I need!!

Good luck everyone!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 4, 2021

@Alexander Pappert unfortunately the peer kudos doesn't count (the reporting on those numbers is a little weird, among other things).  We did release a couple of new challenges for August thoug, and "No Question Left Behind" can be completed daily! 

@Kishan Sharma anyone who is part of the Atlympics group and who is not a Leader or an Atlassian is included in the Member cohort. 

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 4, 2021

@Kishan Sharma the only reason you aren't on the list is due to an error on my part; I just double checked and you are actually in first place for Members! 

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2021

Wow that's great to know @Monique vdB :) Thank you for checking!

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2021

@Monique vdB are we getting another update?  I think I've had a productive couple of community days!

Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2021

Best of luck all.. its almost the finish line.. :)

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2021

@Monique vdB @Bridget First of all thank you very much for organizing this event. I think Peer Kudos have came into picture for "Community Event - Member" category. Requesting you to please double check and confirm, thank you! :)

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2021

@Kishan Sharma 

peer kudos count in your profile, but as @Monique vdB wrote, they don't count for atlympian event. I think they will use there some DB screenshots where they can filter the peer kudos.

@Bridgetwhen do we know who won the challenges, or did I miss some post?

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2021

@Alexander Pappert Yes, I attended Timezone-2 closing ceremony already and my comment was based on my finding. I think you missed this post. You still have time to join Timezone 1. :-)

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 13, 2021

@Kishan Sharma I filtered out peer kudos from the report I ran. if you saw something off can you email me the details? mvandenberg@atlassian.com.  :) 

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events