How to search Agility project?

Vedant Kulkarni December 7, 2018

How do I get to know that if there is any Next Gen project exists in my Jira instance?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2018

Hello,

If you are an admin, go to the Jira settings -> system -> backup manager. All next-gen projects will be listed there:

Screenshot 2018-12-08 at 02.51.02.png

Vedant Kulkarni December 9, 2018

@Alexey MatveevThanks, I found the list as I am admin.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2018

Hi @Vedant Kulkarni,

Here is how to tell if you are in an Next-Gen project:

From your project sidebar, select Project settings. If you see a Features item in your project settings, then you are in a next-gen project. Select the Features item and you'll see some toggles. This is just one of the things that make next-gen projects unique, the ability to toggle features in one click without multiple layers of settings.

If you see a Summary item in your project settings, then you are in a classic project. The Summary page shows all the advanced configuration and various schemes used to manage your project. It's powerful stuff, but can be a bit overwhelming if you're not used to it.

You can find more information on it in this article: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Everything-you-want-to-know-about-next-gen-projects-in-Jira/ba-p/894773

-Scott

Vedant Kulkarni December 7, 2018

Thanks @Scott Theus.

I cannot see any option while I am searching a project. I have attched a screenshot you can see that.

jira-cloud-nextgen.PNG

If I select Software then classic projects will also came. My concern is that there is any options to search Next Gen projects?

Thanks,

Vedant

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2018

There isn't anything that defaults in the project list that differentiates between Next-Gen and Classic projects. You have to look at each one individually. But...if you add "Next -Gen" as a Category in the project details you can sort using the Category field.

Category.JPGCategory 2.JPG

Vedant Kulkarni December 9, 2018

@Scott TheusThanks, this can be another solution.

Suggest an answer