It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I bulk add a bunch of existing issues into an epic

I want to bulk move issues to tie them to an epic. 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

hello @Jules .

the easier way i can think of is to search for those issues, then use the bulk editAnnotation 2020-01-13 135344.png

1. click on the tools menu(see image) and select "All"
  2. choose the issues to edit then next
  3. choose Edit option
  4. select the epic link field
  5. choose your epic
  6. and follow the instructions 

Regards

if you don't see the tools menu, it means you don't have the bulk edit permission. 

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Jules

I see you posted this in the next-gen channel. For next-gen specifically, you can only access this feature through the global issue navigation. Steps:

Visit the issues and filters page by click on 'Issues and Filters' in the global view of navigation (if you are in a project, first click on the Jira logo on the top left), then on navigate into 'Search issues':

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.37.39 pm.png

Here you can filter out the issues you want to move using the filter bar. Once your filter is set up, click on the top-right menu to open the dropdown where 'Bulk edit' lives:

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.39.59 pm.png

That will take you to the multistep process where you can choose to edit/move all your issues in one go 🚀

Thank you

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Next-gen Customer Council

Hey Next-gen fans, Would you like the opportunity to give direct feedback to the Next-gen product team? Would you like the chance to preview and test new Next-gen features? I’m excited to annou...

1,004 views 13 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you