List detail issues and linked issues as hierarchy

Daz July 15, 2021

Is it possible to show a detailed list of all issues for which there are linked issues (say tasks and subtasks) in a hierarchical indented list, i.e:-

• Parent task with columns: abc nnn nnn x 0129 etc...
    • sub task with columns: abc nnn nnn x 0129 etc...
      • sub sub task with columns: abc nnn nnn x 0129 etc...
      • sub sub task...
    • sub task..
    • sub task..
  • Parent task...

1 answer

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2021

Hi @Daz 

If you are ok for a third party add-on, you can try out Agile Tools, to track progress of issues in your Links hierarchy on time estimates and at story points as well.

Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status 

The add-on allows you to visualize your Links hierarchy with option to view all your custom fields on a single screen.

Key features of Links Hierarchy:

• Links Hierarchy upto 10 levels deep
  • Progress % on "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Edit Issue summary, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree with real time updates in the progress
  • Rolled up percentage completion at all levels

You also get 2 other important functionalities within the same plugin, Epic Hierarchy (standard Jira Epic -> Story -> Subtask hierarchy) and Multiple Time in Status reports (to track your issues).

Links Hierarchy.png

Daz July 15, 2021

Thank you for the insighful info. I take it then that natively it is not possible. We are currently on a training cycle including the SDK so we may well get to a position soon where we write our own plugin. Thank you.

Jeff Close August 26, 2021

@Rahul_RVS_Support  and @Daz 
Just to clarify this, I have tried using Agile Tools and I do not see how to use Agile Tools represent the following hierarchy:

Epic ---> Story - -> (linked) Task ---> Subtask

Using Agile Tools, it appears that one has to either use the Epic Hierarchy view or the Linked Issues view.  In the Epic Hierarchy view, it shows the traditional JIRA hierarchy of

Epic ---> Story ---> Subtask

In the Linked Issues view, it will show issues that are connected using the Issue Links, but this does NOT include the Epic ---> Story relationship.   One could probably manually link stories to Epics, but this would defeat the whole purpose of using "Epic Link".

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 26, 2021

Hi @Jeff Close 

Thanks for trying out our add-on and for your feedback.
We have this feature in our backlog list, and will be working on it in our upcoming releases.
Will keep you posted as soon as it is available in marketplace.

Thanks

Rahul

Jeff Close August 26, 2021

@Rahul_RVS_Support  Thank you for the information.  No offense but this seems like so much the response that I get repeatedly from everything in JIRA-land.  Whether it is from Atlassian itself or some Add-On, we have some very basic use case that seems like every user here wants in addition to us, and the answer is that this is "on the backlog" with no commitment about when it will be available.  It seems like a huge miss to have no way to represent this when you have gone and implemented a tool that is specifically designed to represent an augmented Epic hierarchy.

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
August 26, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

I totally understand your concerns. But this time you will not be disappointed. Also if you can share your contact details at support@rvsoftwares.in , we can discuss further.

Thanks

Rahul

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
September 28, 2021

Hi @Jeff Close 

We have implemented the feature to include standard Jira hierrachy (Epic -> Story -> Subtask) along with Links Hierarchy. Now you can view your complete hierarchy of issue links and epic links at the same screen.

Also we have introduced Portfolio/Advanced roadmaps hierarchy as well. So you can view hierarchy above epics too.

Request you to please try it out. Have sent you an email as well.

Links Hierarchy - Additional Search.png

Thanks

Rahul

Suggest an answer