Could someone shed some light as to how to put in an issue on the kanban board on jira?

PAUL NGONG NJUAKOM
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 14, 2019

I have been trying to set up an issue on the todo column of my Kanban board to no avail. I have the distinct impression there is something I am missing but I cannot put my finger on it.

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Hi @PAUL NGONG NJUAKOM 

Are you on Jira cloud or server?

On Jira Server there is a button called Create on top. When you create a new issue it should appear in the Kanban board. Provided the board is based on that project and its filter is configured to display issues in to-do or create status.

If you already have issues in your project but do not appear on the to-do column then most likely the board configuration, mainly the filter needs to be changed.

There is a simple tutorial as well.

Ravi

PAUL NGONG NJUAKOM
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 16, 2019

Thanks Ravi

Like Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ likes this
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

No problem. Have a nice day.

Suggest an answer